Mischo Beauty: L'Oreal Paris Hip Color Presso Lip Gloss & Kohl Eyeliner



You all know how much I love Kerry Washington- well I'm sure after this post, and this post! Anyway, I believe that Kerry was the original face for L'Oreal's HIP collection, though after checking the website I now see that Beyonce is also a spokesmodel for the collection as well. At any rate I couldn't pass on the opportunity to try the new Color Presso Lip Gloss and Kohl Eyeliner.

After testing both out, I must let you know that the packing for both failed for me. The applicator tip of the Kohl Eyeliner is not "eye-friendly". It's too stiff/hard and doesn't give (we know how sensitive the eye area is) and I wasn't comfortable with applying it. After figuring out how to open the Color Presso Lip Gloss, I next needed to decide if it was meant to be applied with a brush, my fingers or if I was to place the applicator up to my lips. Naturally, I used a lip brush and I will say that the shades I tried- Swanky & Trendy- would work with almost every complexion.

As much as I love both Kerry and Beyonce, I'm not sure that I'd recommend either product due to the packaging design...

 

4 comments:

Luxe Tips said...

I love that this review is so honest! I have been wanting to try the duo lip glosses as well. Thank you!

July 22, 2009 at 5:46 AM
andrea said...

i'll pass on the eyeliner but I will give the lipgloss a try since it looks like a nice pink/neutral shade and i just ran out of my HiP Jelly Balm that i absolutely LOVED ;) looks like they tried to make the packaging so you can hang them on a key chain of some sort (a little young)

July 24, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Chauvhan said...

I had the same experience with the lipgloss. It should have come with instructions.

July 25, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Luxe Tips: You're welcome. :)

To Andrea: LOL, right! Now that you mention it- I agree... they had the wrong demographic in mind when designing the packaging- clearly!

To Chauvhan: Right! The packaging design is all wrong...:(

July 26, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Post a Comment