Ask Mischo Beauty...

This week's question comes from a reader, who asked the following:

"I have thin hair and when it gets wet it will get VERY curly, is there a product that can loosen my curls? Maybe like a relaxer?"

Well, a relaxer will straighten your hair permanently, so you'll want to stay away from it. But, a texturizer (which is just the mildest form of a relaxer) will loosen your curl pattern - if applied correctly. But, before rushing out for a texturizer, I'd recommend that you try the following curl enhancing products which are recommended for curly hair types:

- Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer
- Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
- Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls Cream
- Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream
- Redken Ringlet 07

Now I don't have curly hair, so my recommendations are from those I know who do and who basically swear by the products listed above! I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how you decide to move forward! And as always, please feel free to send me any additional questions you might have. Love your skin.

If you have beauty questions you'd like answered, please send them to



Post a Comment