Mischo Beauty: My Sephora Visit...



I was recently gifted with a few Sephora gift cards, and you all know how much I HEART Sephora at this point, right? Well I have to tell you that a recent visit had me running for the store's doors! You see, I was in search of this concealer and this concealer, both by Make Up For Ever. And I can't begin to tell you how disgusting the display testers were (not these in particular)- let's just say major sanitation & disinfection issues! I even attempted to sample items over at the Yves Saint Laurent display, with no luck.

Believe me, I know it's probably hard to control testers left out to be freely sampled by the public, but the looks of those testers left me not wanting to step foot in the store again....

Ok, enough venting for today! But I do want to know your thoughts on testers left out for the general public. Please share!

 

14 comments:

Beautelicious said...

Please don't put any of those display samples on your face...it just freaks me out! You don't know who has touched what and then touched the makeup. I love love love Sephora but I often feel overwhelmed there...lol!

December 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Anonymous said...

i was at a sephora yesterday and i was grossed out by the samples!

December 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM
AfricanOrchid said...

This is one reason i shop online for 99% of cosmetics. Just gross..

December 30, 2009 at 3:11 PM
antithesis said...

i rarely use testers b/c they are so gross. the sephora in georgetown pissed me off b/c my friend pulled out a lipstick from the givency display case and it had a HUGE ball of lint on it. wtf???? i wanna to work there just so i can clean everything. i want them to pay me just to clean. i wouldnt have time to actually help a customer.

December 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Beautelicious: Agree!

January 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: LOL!

January 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To AfricanOrchid: I definitely agree with "gross"! I do like to "try" before I "buy"- but not this time...

January 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To antithesis: You are hilarious!!!

January 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM
BIANKA CHLOE said...

I am a medical aesthetician... "DON'T USE THOSE NASTY TESTERS"......

January 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM
andrea said...

i agree... the testers can get pretty gross :(

January 7, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Meb07 said...

I agree! Though I love the huge selection at Sephora, they are never clean. In fact I asked one of the salespeople (a while back) why they no longer carried Chanel, and she told me Chanel didn't feel Sephora was up to their sanitation standards. Btw, Make Up Forever's concealers great. The brand has a free standing store in SoHo on West Broadway.

January 8, 2010 at 9:37 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To BIANKA CHLOE: I agree and definitely know why I shouldn't !

January 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To andrea: Yes, they are!

January 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Meb07: Oh wow- had no idea that was the reason they no longer carried CHANEL! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and thanks for the info. on the Make Up Forever store!

January 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Post a Comment