Mischo Beauty Pick: Fake Bake



After reviewing Fake Bake's list of celebrity fans, I was more than anxious to try the products out for myself. And so I tried the Instant Self-Tanning Spray, Sunless & Skinny, The Face Self-Tanning Lotion and the Babe Tools Lip Gloss in Domestically Disabled, No Worries and Bronze Addiction.



I'm somewhat picky when it comes to self-tanners for a few reasons- the color development (often times the final color looks orange), streaking (you have to be really careful with application) and the odor (speaks for itself!).



And so my favorite product of those pictured above was the Sunless & Skinny. First, I loved the smell and that's always the first test for whether or not I'll even test a self-tanner. Second, I loved the color development. My complexion is fair and so I loved that it developed gradually- and the color is buildable, depending on the look you're trying to achieve.



I should also let you know that Sunless & Skinny is formulated with cellulite fighters such as active copper mineral and seaweed kelp which work together to firm, tone and aid in smoothing dimpled skin. Now I haven't used it long enough to have witnessed those results, but I'm optimistic! I've fallen in love with my natural-looking tan and can't wait to start showing off some skin! :)

 

6 comments:

curly gurl said...

Would love to see a before and after pic!

April 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Jenn said...

Yes before and after pic would be great! Sounds like a good product. I'm fair skinned but like to have some color and of course I want to keep my skin healthy so a good self tanner is priceless!

April 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "curly gurl": Let me see if I can make that happen! :)

April 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Jenn: Agreed, absolutely! Thanks for stopping by. :)

April 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM
NiKita W said...

Hey Mischo, do you exfoliate before you use self tanners? I was told by a pro that it makes a difference in reducing streaks.

April 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "NiKita W": Yes, yes and yes! Exfoliating prior to the application is soooo important! It's also important to make sure you moisturize prior to as well... :)

April 10, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Post a Comment