Mischo Beauty Pick: Kerastase Reflection



If you follow my Twitter or FaceBook updates then you'll remember the following "Mischo Beauty Tip" from yesterday:

"Invest in products for color-treated hair to help protect, preserve and prevent fading of haircolor between salon visits."



Now I'll be honest and tell you that I love trying the newest beauty products and reporting back to you my findings, but the very one thing I'd like you to take away from my blog is how to properly care for your hair and skin! And with that said, if you're investing time and money in coloring your hair, you should be using products that will help maintain, nourish and protect your investment.



One recommendation for color-treated hair, based on having worked with just about every Kerastase product during my salon apprenticeships, would be the Kerastase Reflection regimen. It includes the Bain Chroma Riche shampoo, Chroma Reflect masque, Chroma Protect leave-in treatment and the Chroma Riche styling aid.



The shampoo eliminates build-up and provides protection, while smoothing the hair's cuticle which adds shine and accentuates your color. The masque is A-MA-ZING and it smells so good! I would advise you to cover your hair with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded hair dryer for maximum penetration into the hair shaft.



The Chroma Protect is your leave-in treatment (formulated with a UV filter) and the Chroma Riche, which also softens and detangles, protects against heat styling and environmental elements. Both are applied to damp hair and work to smooth the hair shaft and add shine.

So I have two questions for you- 1) Have you tried Kerastase products, and if so, what are your thoughts? and 2) For those of you who made resolutions to take better care of your hair- what's your status?

 

4 comments:

Lisa G said...

I'm a new Kerastase user (thanks to you). I am currently using Kerastase Resistance. I am repairing some damage from color (oh I'll never do THAT again). It leaves my hair full of body and with a silky smooth feel.

I was curious about the Chroma Riche. I may be switching. . .

April 7, 2009 at 6:13 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Lisa G": Thanks so much for sharing! My suggestion would be to repair first- you're on the right track. Then, if you decide on color again, switch to the Kerastase Reflection line. :)

April 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM
lynne said...

I'm currently using the Kerastase Oleo Relax range (the orange packaging line) - i use the leave-in hair serum daily and the hair masque once or twice a week. Both are wonderful, and i especially love the serum - i never have a bad hair day because it makes my thick, coarse hair feel really smooth and flowy, and i really like the scent too!

April 17, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "lynne": Great, great pick! I've used it on many clients with very nice results. Glad to hear you have a haircare regimen- and thanks for stopping by. :)

April 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Post a Comment