Mischo Beauty Review: Sedu Revolution Nano Tourmaline Ionic 1" Styling Iron
















So after hearing my beauty blogging friends, Urbane Girl and All About The Pretty, rave about the new Sedu flat iron, I couldn't wait to try it! Well my test for a new flat iron is always whether or not it will straighten my type 4B hair, without burning it or drying it out. After shampooing and deep conditioning my hair, I choose to sit under my hooded hair dryer, as opposed to blow drying. Oh, and I used my FHI Heat Hot Sauce as my thermal protectant.

After training with Vidal Sassoon, I learned that the key to a successfully flat ironing the hair is to first section the hair for organization, and then flat iron sections no thicker than 1/2 inch (if not smaller, depending on the texture of your hair). I used the highest temperature setting on my natural hair, due to the fact that it's coarse and tightly coiled. Shiny, silky, and soft hair was the end result for me- and yes, I was very pleased.

A few other facts about the Sedu that I love are:

- The Sedu comes with a heatproof mat (I often style my hair on the go, so the mat makes
traveling with the Sedu easy!)

- The adjustable temperature control allows me to set the temperature based on my hair's
texture (in case I decide to relax my hair) and needs

- The Nano Tourmaline plates ensure an even distribution of heat and a smooth finish

- The curved edges of the plates allow for easy curling of your hair, and the Sedu comes with an
instruction DVD with easy to follow steps for achieving curls, waves, etc.

Oh, and I love the packaging (very sleek and chic), which made me excited about trying what was inside. Overall, the Sedu is a winner and I recommend it!

 

12 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Hey! This review just reminded me of something that I've been meaning to ask you. I need your recommendation for a good hair dryer! Any tips or info you can share would be appreciated.

January 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM
MakeupByRenRen said...

sounds like a good one! i'm trying to get used to curling my hair with a flat iron :)

January 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM
Hairlicious Inc. said...

I would love to see the results. I'm shocked that it comes with a DVD. This is some hitech stuff...lol.

January 23, 2009 at 4:58 PM
Unknown said...

K, I wanted to see your hair! Please post a picture of your hair, lol!

January 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Unknown said...

I saw this flat iron on folica.com and their were lots of positive reviews, I would love to try it but I have two GHD flat irons a 1 inch and a half inch, I love them both. Have you tried the GHD, if so which do you think is better.

January 23, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Katee: I'm currently using a Solano SuperSolano 232X Professional Hairdryer- and I really like it! I'll do a review on it next week and forward the link to you! :)

January 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "MakeupByRenRen": It really is, and the instructional DVD is very helpful, but of course practice makes perfect! :)

January 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Sunshyne": LOL- it is! You should check it out- oh, and I'll post pics this week. :)

January 25, 2009 at 12:08 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "BVB": I will this week! :)

January 25, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Shalon": I think you'd love the Sedu! You should give it a try. I have close to 7, maybe 8 flat irons and I'd have to say that the Sedu is one of the best. :)

January 25, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Anonymous said...

oh wow... i love a good new flat iron... how much do they cost and where can they be purchased?

January 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Here's a link for you:

http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Revolution_d2880.html

They're on sale right now for $139.95

February 2, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Post a Comment