Beautiful hair needs an expert: Ellin LaVar PenetratingBalm


I've been testing out Ellin Lavar Textures' PenetratingBalm and I highly recommend it for dry, coarse and naturally curly hair. My hair falls into the 4b hair type category, so my natural hair is thick and coarse. This is a great moisturizing leave-in conditioner, that helps to detangle and soften hair. After using this, I found my hair to be very manageable and easy to section off for blow-drying.

The texture of the PenetratingBalm is somewhat thick and very creamy, and a little goes a long way. This would also be a good moisturizing styling aid for those of you with dry, naturally curly hair. It's formulated with an oil from the seeds of Brazil's passion-flower fruit called Maracuja. This oil works to nourish the hair, which is very important during this dry winter season, and it works to control frizz and keep curls shiny and defined.

I'm recommending that Tracee Ellis Ross use this to nourish and hydrate her naturally curly hair and I'm recommending this for you as well! Questions? Did anyone see Ellin's reality show "Hair Trauma" on WE TV? If so, what did you think?

 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Does this way the hair down at all?

December 8, 2008 at 8:37 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shalon: With using it as a "leave-in conditioner", my answer is no. But remember, a little goes a long way. Are you thinking about trying it? If so, please let me know your thoughts!

December 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Unknown said...

I remember that show with Ellin and her siblings...her apartment was beautiful.

My CVS has several Lavar products 75% off. I snapped up the Nourish Oil for 2.00. I saw this too just today but I wasn't marked down lol. But it sounds great, I'll have to try it.

December 8, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Jamie @ Rural Glamour": You should reconsider going back to get the PenetratingBalm- I think you'll really like it!

Also, as much drama as there was on "Hair Trauma"- there's no denying Ellin's talent- her work is amazing! :)

December 8, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Anonymous said...

i tries a couple of her products before and remeber that i wasn't that impressed... but then again i think i was using it on permed hair to make and keep it straight... i'll have to give it another whirl on my natural hair ;)

December 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Yes, please do. I really liked what I've tried so far. I have more reviews coming on the rest of her products- please stay tuned. :)

December 16, 2008 at 5:26 PM
Anonymous said...

This is by far the BEST product line I've used with extensions! I've tried them all, to help with correct the dryness and frizz that comes after a month or so of having extensions. Fantastic product line!!

June 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": Thanks so much for sharing! :)

June 10, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Post a Comment