Mischo Beauty: National Breast Cancer Awareness Month


As you all know, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I'd like to share with you a few facts regarding the American Cancer Society's recommended screening guidelines for breast cancer:

1. Yearly mammograms are recommended starting at age 40 and continuing for as long as a woman is in good health.

2. A clinical breast exam should be part of a periodic health exam, about every three years for women in their 20s and 30s and every year for women age 40 and older.

3. Women should know how their breasts normally look and feel and report any breast change promptly to their health care providers. A breast self-exam is an option for women starting in their 20s.

For more information please visit the American Cancer Society.

P.S. Just a quick update- so far I've raised $185 toward my goal of $200! I'd love it if you would support me by making a donation here. Also, I've run 25.63 miles toward my goal of 150 miles for the month. You can track my progress on nikeplus.com and the challenge is called "Mischo Beauty Runs for a Cure". Thank you!
bbnbca

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment