Mischo Beauty School: Serums 101



So today I'd like to share with you the benefits of serums. I believe in serums and am amazed at how the skin benefits from them! A serum is a highly concentrated treatment of active ingredients used to penetrate and treat various skin conditions such as dehydration, stress, environmental damage, fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation issues or loss of elasticity. They're usually made up of vitamins, lipids or antioxidants and are usually the consistency of a thin liquid.

To allow for maximum penetration into the skin, they're formulated with smaller molecules which make them extremely effective. They can be used both day and night and are usually applied under a moisturizer, but can be used alone. During a facial an esthetician might apply a serum under your mask or before the application of your moisturizer, depending on your specific skincare needs.

So, do you need a serum? Well, I would suggest following a skincare regimen first. Once you're consistent with your regimen, really begin to pay attention to your skin and make not- for example- of dehydrated areas, loss of elasticity and dullness. If your skincare regimen doesn't correct these issues, then I'd highly suggest investing in a serum!

Love your skin.

Any questions?

 

2 comments:

Emilie said...

I never used serums before but I guess I will try them out after reading your article.

January 13, 2011 at 8:44 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Emilie: I'm glad this is helpful! :)

January 29, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Post a Comment