Mischo Beauty School: Hair Conditioners 101



Which conditioner should you buy? Well it depends on the condition and texture of your hair. Your stylist will know when to use an instant conditioner for detangling only, or when to use a moisturizing or protein conditioning treatment. Let's understand the differences:

1. Instant conditioners/rinses, left on for only a few minutes, smooth the hair's cuticle which detangles the hair.

2. Moisturizing conditioners, which are allowed to work for 10-20 minutes, restore moisture to the hair, balance the hair's pH, and smooth/coat the hair shaft resulting in control and shine.

3. Protein conditioners are used to strengthen the hair and repair split ends. They are formulated to replace the protein lost in the hair. They should be used according to the manufacturer's directions. Improper use may result in breakage.

Love your hair.

Any questions, comments, thoughts?

 

10 comments:

beautylogicblog said...

A lot of people I know love Ojon, but when I used their deep conditioner, it made my hair spell like a rotten corpse, and my hair didn't feel so great after. I use moisturizing conditioners though, but a great protein Conditioner is GPB by Aubrey. Hugs, DE

April 28, 2008 at 10:45 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "domincan enigma": I used the Restorative Hair Treatment last night and I love the way my hair feels right now- but the smell is waaaaay too strong! I'm gonna give it a few more chances and then decide if I'll buy it again...

Thanks for your rec! :)

April 28, 2008 at 11:18 AM
beautylogicblog said...

I finally responded to your tag. sorry it took so long.

April 28, 2008 at 12:48 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "domincan enigma": Goodie! I'm gonna check it out now! Thanks for playing! :)

April 28, 2008 at 1:53 PM
fuzkittie said...

Good info! Although I use both a treatment AND a normal detangling conditioner every day, just for the hell of it. =D

April 28, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Product Junkie Diva said...

I really like the Ojon ultra hydrating conditioner...great stuff. I have the restorative treatment also. When I used their special Tawaka all purpose hair treatment / lotion as a pre poo, my hair was so soft.
Product Junkie Diva

April 28, 2008 at 9:11 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "product junkie diva": Overall my results were good... it was just the scent of the Restorative Hair Treatment that's going to take some getting use to... oh and I used the ultra hydrating conditioner too and I liked it! And that says a lot since most of my relaxer is all grown out!

April 29, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "fuzkittie": Thanks. Oh and I love that you're loving your hair so much and taking good care of it! :)

April 29, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Product Junkie Diva said...

Yes the restorative treatment is a bit strong, I think I compared the scent to burning wood...lol
Product Junkie Diva

April 29, 2008 at 2:42 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "product junkie diva": LOL! Okay why did I begin to think my neighbors were burning some nasty incense when I had the treatment in my hair! LOL! I starting opening a bunch of windows just to realize it was my hair! Hopefull I'll get use to the smell...

April 29, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Post a Comment