Ask Mischo Beauty...



This week's question comes from a reader, who asked the following:

"So I heard that if you're in a crunch and have run out of facial cleanser you can use extra virgin olive oil as a facial cleanser. Is this true? I would think that using an oil to cleanse your face could potentially clog your pores but I am aware of the moisturizing qualities of extra virgin olive oil as well..."

While I don't use this method, I have heard that others love it and swear by it. I think the key is knowing your skin type and skin conditions and using products specifically formulated for it. So if extra virgin olive oil works for you, then use it. And, if you don't have a consistent skincare regimen, there's no better time than now to get started.

Now with that said , the most important step in a skincare regimen, in my opinion, is cleansing. It really is the foundation for healthy skin because it removes makeup, dirt, oil and dead skin cells. And again, my best suggestion is to cleanse your skin with a cleanser specifically formulated for your skin type and skin conditions both morning and night- and be sure to continue on with the remainder of your skincare regimen.


I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how you decide to move forward! And as always, please feel free to send me any additional questions you might have. Love your skin.

If you have beauty questions you'd like answered, please send them to mischobeauty@gmail.com.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment