Ask Mischo Beauty...



This week's question comes from Naomi, who asked the following:

"I am 41 and noticing a major change in my skin, especially under and around the eyes. I work long hours and travel for work pretty frequently. Can you recommend some steps I could take and a good line of all natural products for fighting wrinkles and dark, puffy eyes? Thank you!"

First and foremost, I'd recommend adopting a consistent skincare regimen. Here are ten easy steps:

1. Cleanse morning & night (never go to bed without removing makeup and cleansing your face!)

2. Tone after cleansing (both morning & night)

3. Use a moisturizer with a minimum of SPF 15 during the day! (90% of aging is caused by UV rays; UVB rays burn the skin and UVA rays age the skin!)

4. Use a night cream with antioxidants before bed

5. Use an eye cream both morning and night under your moisturizer (this is a preventive measure; signs of aging show first around the eyes, forehead, mouth, neck and hands)

6. Exfoliate 2x a week (helps with cell turnover and with the penetration of product ingredients into the skin)

7. Use a mask 2x a week (many, many benefits!)

8. Take a multi-vitamin daily and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily

9. Eat fresh green vegetables at least 3x a week

10. Make sure you're getting adequate sleep!

I can't stress enough the importance of sleep! So, I'll say it again- make sure you're getting adequate sleep. Lastly, I'd like to encourage you to consider adding monthly facials to your skincare regimen. Not only are facials relaxing and pampering, but they assist with cell renewal, detoxification and the correction of existing skin conditions - plus much more! And, to answer your question regarding suggested natural skincare lines - here are a few you should consider:

- Baborganic
- Juice Beauty
- Dr. Hauschka
- Jurlique
- Weleda
- REN
- Caudalie

I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how it's going for you! And as always, please feel free to send me any additional questions you might have. Love your skin.

If you have beauty questions you'd like answered, please send them to mischobeauty@gmail.com.

 

4 comments:

andrea f said...

wow sounds like a lot but it's EXCELLENT advice ;)

November 24, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Naomi said...

Thank you SO much! I know my main problem is lack of sleep, and I stopped doing masks like I used to. I am so excited to see my question up and answered! Happy Thanksgiving :)

November 24, 2010 at 2:44 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To andrea f: Thanks, girly!

December 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Naomi: You're so very welcome! Thank you for sending the question in and please feel free to send more!

December 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Post a Comment