Ask Mischo Beauty...



I'm starting a new series on the blog where I'm inviting readers to send me their beauty questions. If you follow me on Twitter, then you know that the invitation already exists there (I tweet it daily!) and so naturally it should exist here as well. And so this week's question comes from a follower on Twitter, who says:

"My hair is damaged really bad from all the times I bleached and dyed it. What can I use on it?"

Well I'd first suggest stepping away from the bleach and haircolor. Your hair needs a serious break! A series of deep conditioning protein treatments, along with very special care and attention, should have your hair back to health in no time. In case you didn't know, hair is 91% protein (which is it's foundation) and so protein conditioning treatments will help to rebuild and strengthen the hair's structure. When using a protein treatment, be sure to follow the manufacturer's directions - overuse could result in breakage. A few of my favorite protein treatments include:

- Wella Power Mask
- Aveda Damage Remedy
- MoroccanOil's Restorative Mask
- Joico K-PAK
- Kerastase Voile Nuit or Serum Nuit

Also, be sure to follow the protein treatments with a moisturizing conditioner - your hair will appreciate all the hydration it can get! When your hair is back to health, trade the protein treatments in for moisturizing treatments and establish a healthy haircare regimen. Oh, and I'd suggest staying away from heat styling (flat irons, curling irons, blow dryers, etc.) for as long as you're able. I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how it's going! Love your hair.

If you have beauty questions you'd like answered, please send them to mischobeauty@gmail.com.

 

7 comments:

Naomi said...

I am 41 and noticing a major change in my skin, especially under and around my eyes. I work long hours and travel for work pretty frequently. Can you recommend some steps I could take and a good line of all natural products for fighting wrinkles and dark, puffy eyes? Thank you!

November 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Anonymous said...

I am having breakouts on my face now and don't know what has changed...any suggestions? T Randi

November 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM
EVE said...

Great suggestions!
I love Kerastase, but never tried the Serum Nuit. But, their new "Elixir Ultime" seems to be much raved about. It claims use as a pre-poo treatment as well as a finishing product too.
Also, I've heard great results from the Wella Power Mask as well and will try it with my next color service, as a co-clease.

November 16, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Naomi: I answered your question on 11.22.10. Thanks so much for sending it in!

December 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: It could be a number of reasons- diet, environment, stress, product use, etc. I would start keeping track of what you're using, eating, etc. If the breakouts don't clear up, I would see a Dermatologist.

December 14, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To EVE: Yes, I just received the Elixir Ultime and I'm excited about it. Will be using it soon! Thanks for mentioning both. :)

December 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM
Anonymous said...

you mite want to change you diet and get some stress relife tables and take some iron tables also try and get alot more sleep if you can. you can also try the propuct called olay (the one for under your eye area and make sure you clean your skin before you places any comicials on it due to it can cause more problem like acne e.g)......... (try using lotions that help with manly aging morning and night applations) i hope this is helpful

September 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Post a Comment