Mischo's Mistletoe Beauty Guide



I enjoy sharing beauty tips, beauty education and product reviews with you all, but now it's time for some fun! It's my favorite time of the year- and so the theme of this guide is all about achieving that "kiss me under the mistletoe" look with gorgeous makeup, hair, skin and nails. And so, let's begin!



The foundation for beautiful skin, is healthy skin. My recommendation is to start with a cleansing and nourishing facial. We all know the benefits of facials, right? And so my suggestion is a visit to Christine Chin Spa, owned by celebrity esthetician, Christine Chin. She has over 20 years of experience in the skincare business, and her clients include Gisele Bundchen, Kimora Lee Simmons and Kate Moss.



I don't know about you, but I want to keep my skin healthy and glowing after an investment in a facial. I suggest investing in a Clarisonic skincare brush. You can use it in conjunction with a cleanser and also with an exfoliant for an even deeper cleansing. I always use mine during the mini-facials I give myself at home. The removal of dead skin cells, not only helps with cell turnover, but also keeps skin looking young and fresh.



There's not much I need to say about La Mer, that you don't already know! It is luxury skincare at it's best. What I will say though is, if you don't have a consistent skincare regimen- GET STARTED NOW! I'm recommending The Connoisseur Collection.



Baths are both relaxing and pampering- and you should pamper yourself daily, not just on special occasions. I fell in love with the Bath Oil Collection, Deluxe Soap Collection and Pamper Kit- all holiday gift sets by Jo Malone. Sorry- I couldn't pick just one!



I stopped in Bergdorf's this past summer and fell in love with Serge Lutens Parfum. I know fragrance scents are individual, but there are enough scents in this collection of fragrances that you'll definitely fall in love with one of them. When I wear Nuit De Cellophane or Datura Noir- I'm always complemented. Wearing one of these scents will definitely secure a kiss!



I'm partial to a sexy, sultry eye look- especially for under the mistletoe, and so my pick is the Les 4 Ombres De Chanel eye shadow quad in "Smoky Eyes" by Chanel.



You all know how much I love celebrity makeup artist, Sam Fine. Whatever he's using, I'm rushing out to try! He loves blushes by NARS, and my suggestion to you is to visit a NARS counter near you and find a shade that makes you glow! One of my favorites is "Orgasm".



So this is really about achieving the most kissable lips, right! So I'm recommending both the Rouge Volupte and Fard A Levres Rouge Pur lipsticks by Yves Saint Laurent. The texture, range of shades, and wearability make both lipsticks so worth it! And kissable lips are worth it, right?



I don't know about you, but when I look at a person, most times my eyes are drawn to their hair first. And so, healthy hair is key! A beautifully executed cut and color, doesn't hurt! If you happen to be near New York City, then you need to see Carlina Munoz for color (you won't be disappointed!) and she's at the John Barrett Salon. My recommendation for a haircut would be an amazing hairstylist by the name of Mahogany, at the Oscar Blandi Salon. Mahogany also specializes in extensions, Brazilian relaxing treatments and thermal straightening treatments.



For home maintenance- yes, you must properly care for your investments- I'm recommending Kerastase. I love this line of products because there's a product for every hair type/need/issue. So if you've colored your hair, be sure to check out the Reflection collection. If you're having issues with dryness, possibly due to the change in seasons, then check out the Nutritive collection of products.



I'm personally dying to visit Jin Soon Hand And Foot Spa. It's owned by manicurist to the stars, Jin Soon. Remember her collaboration with MAC Cosmetics earlier this year, and the nail colors you couldn't live without? Well, not only is Jin about creating chic nail colors and pampering her clients, she also educates her clients on the health and care of their nails. She's even included a downloadable nail handbook on her website (I love it!). There's no doubt that after an appointment with her, you'll have perfectly manicured hands and feet.



And finally, we know manicures/pedicures only last for so long (especially depending on your lifestyle, etc.) and so I love Zoya Nail Polish for home use. It's free of harmful chemicals, and you WILL find a shade you'll fall in love with! Remember how much I loved "Layla" this summer? Right now I'm wearing "Envy" and yes, I love it too!

I hope you all loved my picks, suggestions and recommendations. I had fun compiling this list- and really, it go could on forever! What I really want for the holidays- besides all the kisses I can get under the mistletoe- is love, peace and happiness for all!

So, which of the above are you planning to try for yourself?

 

7 comments:

BeautyXchangeGirl said...

These recommendations look so great! I wish I could afford to splurge on them...but this is why I come visit Mishcho Beauty...I live vicariously through your product reviews...great list! :-)

December 2, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To BeautyXchangeGirl: Haha! I like to live vicariously through my blog, too! I appreciate your support- thank you! :)

December 2, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Gigi said...

You're very welcome and thanks for stopping by! :-)

December 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Yashieka said...

I abosolutely am in love with my Clarisonic Plus. I use mine every night and sometimes in teh morning. My dermatologist introduced me to the Clarisonic device. She used the brush before applying my vitalize peal, she explained that it would produce better results and she was telling the truth. It is a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it! My skin GLOWS!

December 3, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Sherisa (L'élephant Rose) said...

One sweet day.... ;) This is a really great list.

December 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Yashieka: The Clarisonic is definitely a must-have! Thanks for stopping by! :)

December 7, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Sherisa (L'élephant Rose): LOL... well, pick one for now and treat yourself! ;)

December 7, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Post a Comment