Mischo Beauty: Eyelash Exentions at The John Barrett Salon



I've been wanting eyelash extensions for some time now, and I recently had the service performed by Joe at The John Barrett Salon at Bergdorf Goodman. Joe is the lash extension expert at the salon, and after meeting him and learning more about the procedure, I felt as though I was in good hands. The procedure begins with completing a questionnaire to ensure there were no contraindications (medications, contagious diseases, skin disorders, medical conditions or skin irritations) which would have prevented me from receiving the service.



The next part of the service involved Joe applying individual lashes using a semi-permanent bonding glue to each of my lashes, with a total application time of two hours. I requested that the lash extensions look as natural as possible and I was pleased with the outcome! The extensions last 4-6 weeks, with a touch-up needed usually every two weeks (your natural eyelashes shed similar to the hair on the rest of your body).



Now I was advised to refrain from allowing them to get wet the first 24 hours, as well as to avoid swimming, working out, etc. But you all know me, there was no way I was not going to work out! So while I didn't swim, I did work out and I had no major issues with loss/shedding. I will tell you though, that I was definitely due for a touch-up after two weeks.

Overall, I loved them and received tons of compliments- no one knew they were lash extensions and that was the goal! Mission accomplished!

Have you had lash extensions? If so, what was your experience?

 

20 comments:

Vanessa S said...

Very pretty!!!!

September 5, 2009 at 8:15 PM
Pumps and Gloss said...

Your lashes look lush!!

September 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Sue said...

Thanks for sharing!

September 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Shara said...

You look great! They look very natural.

September 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM
macface2adore said...

They look great:)

September 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM
A said...

I love your freckles! Totally unrelated I know, but you already know your lashes are bad ass.

September 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Amee said...

Love It! The Lashes look so nice! Sassy & Sophisticated!

September 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Taylor Sterling said...

wow very cool. I have always been afraid to try. Looks great!

September 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM
andrea said...

wow they look great!!!!! perfect timing for fashion week ;)

September 10, 2009 at 6:05 PM
curly gurl said...

Thanks for this. Have been wanting lash extensions, so I'm very curious about the process. They look fab!!! (And so do your eyebrows-lol!) I will add lash extensions to the list of things I've been persuaded to try from your blog. :0)

September 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Vanessa S: Thank you! :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Pumps and Gloss: Haha! LOL. Thanks, girly. :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Sue: Thanks for stopping by. :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shara: Thanks, girly! No one knew I had extensions- they just thought my lashes were super long! :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:51 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To macface2adore: Thank you and thanks for stopping by. :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To A: Awwww, thanks girly! :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Amee: Thanks, girly! :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Taylor Sterling: They're painless! Give them a try. :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To andrea: Thanks girly! I actually had them done a few months ago and took my time posting (hehe!). Glad you like them. :)

September 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To curly gurl: LOL! Thanks, chica! :)

September 17, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Post a Comment