Mischo Beauty Loves The Jane Carter Solution



Here is my long awaited post on The Jane Carter Solution products. I know a few of you have been waiting patiently on this review and I'm happy to let you know that I love these products! But first, as I'm sure you all know, my best beauty advice is to always, always buy hair products for your particular hair type, needs and issues.



And with that said, Jane Carter (CEO of The Jane Carter Solution) specifically states on her website that the products are specifically designed for dry hair- which includes curly, wavy, straight, relaxed, natural, color treated and locked hair. The products are formulated with natural ingredients, natural butters and certified organic essential oils. After learning these facts, I knew the products would be perfect for my type 4B, dry, thick and coarse hair.



Now I tested a mix of Regimen 1 & Regimen 2 which included the following: Moisture Nourishing Shampoo, Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner, Scalp Renew, Scalp Nourishing Serum, Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner and the Nourish & Shine. Sounds like a lot, I know, but I needed all of it! I started with the Scalp Renew (under a hooded hairdryer) and my dry scalp soaked it up quickly. It was followed by the Moisture Nourishing Shampoo and Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner, which I felt thoroughly cleansed and conditioned without stripping my hair.



After towel drying my hair, I applied the Scalp Nourishing Serum to my scalp and hairline (remember- less is more because a little goes a long way with this) and followed it with the Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner (protects hair from heat styling). I sat under a hairdryer and dried my hair to about 90%, and followed it with a blow dry and flat iron. Now, because I'm wearing my hair straight, I used just a little of the Nourish & Shine (which can be used on dry skin too!) to tame a few flyaways and add additional shine.

I LOVED my finished look! My hair both looked and felt thoroughly nourished and this really was the perfect solution for my naturally dry hair. I highly recommend it!

 

12 comments:

Kim said...

Great review!!!! I've been using the N&S and the scalp serum. Love them both. My stylist uses them both on my hair. I'm going to add the scalp renew and leave in conditioner too. I love this line of products.

April 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Angelisa said...

I love the conditioner, but I found the shampoo to be a bit drying, but I think that my hair just doesn't like sulfates because I have had the same problem with other shampoos. The hair nourishing cream is pretty good too.

April 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Media Moll said...

I use the leave-in daily to add some moisture to my hair, which is natural. Loves it! The best part is the BSS in the hood carries it!

April 23, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Kim: Thank you! Please let me know how the new products work out for you. :)

April 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Angelisa: The conditioner is great, and I agree with you about the nourishing cream! What shampoo do you use? :)

April 23, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "hypnotic": Oh good! And what????!!!! The BSS carries it???? Ok, I'm shocked- LOL! The only place I've been able to find it in my area is at Whole Foods... :)

April 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM
Amber Nofetari said...

i love jane carter ! i have natural hair myself and it's a wonderful product !

April 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Amber: Thanks for sharing that! :)

April 29, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Keshia said...

So would you recommend JC over PhytoSpecific?

December 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Keshia: I'm not brand loyal- I do actually like both lines. You should definitely check them out for yourself! :)

February 17, 2010 at 4:34 PM
Passion For Pretty said...

I LOVE Jane Carter Solutioon products!! The Revitalinzing Leave-In Conditioner is my very favorite, I spritz 2-3 times a day for extra moisture or to protect against heat styling.

Did you hear? Her products are now available in Taget! *get excited*

April 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Passion For Pretty: Yes, I did hear! They had a big launch party in NYC to celebrate. Thanks for stopping by. :)

May 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Post a Comment