Mischo Beauty Extra: Zoya's Twist Spring 2009 Nail Polish Collection



My friend, Shalon (an expert manicurist at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa) has always had great things to say about Zoya Nail Polish. I trust what she says because not only does she use Zoya day-in and day-out on her clients, but she's been doing nails for 7 years and has used just about every brand out there.



Now I'd posted Zoya's "Manhattan" without trying it, because I loved the color. My interested was further inspired after following Zoya on the runways during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Well, lucky for me, I was finally able to check out Zoya's Twist collection for Spring 2009.



The colors from left to right are: Moxie (vibrant red plum cream), Cassi (shimmering soft peach), Barbie (shimmering soft pink), Malia (violet cream), Jo (shimmering silver blue metallic) and Harley (soft shimmering gray).



I loved all of the colors, but my color of choice for this post was "Malia"- such a pretty color! My nails reminded me of the Easter candy I'm starting to see on the shelves of just about every store right now!



In general, I found the nail polish formulations to be highly pigmented; and very rich and creamy. No watered-down formulations, and the brush was the perfect width for a 3-stroke application. A perfect finish required two coats.



I found the "wear" of the nail polish to be long-lasting, though I know that varies with each individual's day-to-day activities. So after testing the collection out, I now know why it was used on the runways of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, and why it's currently used in Red Door Spas throughout the nation!



You should also know that the formulations are free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP and camphor. Zoya is only available at salons, spas and zoya.com.

So what do you think of the collection? Have you tried Zoya?

 

4 comments:

Media Moll said...

loves it...i have a set of colors and the base and top coat...i am really liking the peach and grey!

zoya is definitely at home friendly and will last

March 26, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "hypnotic": Yay! And yes, I absolutely agree. :)

March 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM
augusta said...

i love that color(malia).. it reminds me of a color sephora has (raisin) for their nail polish line. the small 4 dollar ones not the line with opi.

anyways, zoya is having a nail polish exchange till the end of the month. all you have to do is pay for shipping and handling (3 dollars a bottle with a minimum of 6 bottles) and mail in any bottle of polish you dont want any more- even if the bottle is empty. go to their website for more information : )

March 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "augusta": Thanks so much, Augusta! :)

March 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Post a Comment