Mischo Beauty Pick: Shu Uemura Art of Hair's Moisture Velvet


I can't tell you how much I love it when a product knocks me completely off my feet and blows me away, and that's what happened after using Shu Uemura Art of Hair's Moisture Velvet line of haircare products! I love, love, love these products and I haven't felt this way about a haircare line since first using Kerastase products!

Now most of us know and love Shu Uemura for skincare and makeup, and now we have yet another reason! The Moisture Velvet line is formulated specifically for dry hair and contains an ingredient called Camellia Oil, which nourishes, softens and rebalances moisture in dry hair. It's said that traditionally, geisha would use the oil to smooth, soften and enhance the beauty of hair.

Well, I can't begin to tell you how my hair (relaxer-free) felt after using the combination of the Nourishing Shampoo, Nourishing Conditioner, Nourishing Treatment and White Tea Polishing Milk. My type 4B, naturally tightly coiled hair, was easy to comb through and felt like silk once I'd finished styling it! Seriously.

And for those of you who've made resolutions to start a haircare regimen, there are products for every hair type: Full Shimmer (for natural to color-treated hair), Moisture Velvet and Silk Bloom (for damaged hair). I highly recommend giving these products a try!

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sold! hehe. No, seriously this sounds amazing. My hair is relaxed and needs allll the moisture it can get! I'm about to do a series of posts on my hair, and this is definitely going on the to-try list.

January 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Unknown said...

Wow...didn't know you had Type 4 hair as well. I'm putting these products on my wishlist! :)

January 7, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Product Junkie Diva said...

I love the look of your blog. It's you, what a good pic.
PJD

January 7, 2009 at 11:25 PM
MakeupByRenRen said...

oh wow this sounds amazing! once i pay off my credit card for the year...i'm going to have to check this out!

January 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Joi said...

I'm def. going to give these a try! Thanks

January 8, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Nadia: Oh goodie! It will not disappoint! Looking forward to the posts on your hair. :)

January 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anjela - Beauty Editor": Yes- since day 1! I love my hair, but at times it can be a challenge...:) Please let me know if you decide to try the products.

January 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Product Junkie Diva": Thank you! :)

January 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "MakeupByRenRen": This was really a nice surprise! You must let me know your thoughts if you decide to try the products. :)

January 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Joi: You're welcome! Please let me know your thoughts. :)

January 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Gloria Noto said...

Oh nice!! Thank you for writing about this! I was curious about it!

xox
Gloria

January 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Gloria Noto": You're welcome! You should check them out- they really surprised me! :)

January 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Ugochi said...

ooooh, i've been meaning to try this line! anything moisturizing is ok by me :) great post!

January 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Beauty 365": Well I loved it and definitely recommend it! :)

January 25, 2009 at 12:53 AM
Anonymous said...

where i can find then..??

February 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: There's an online store here:

http://www.shuuemuraartofhair-usa.com/

March 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Post a Comment