Mischo Beauty Review: Bluemercury Apothecary and Spa


For those of you who follow my Twitter updates, you know that I headed to Georgetown early Saturday morning for a facial at Bluemercury Apothecary and Spa. Facials are my "essential beauty product", because not only are facials relaxing and pampering, but they are crucial to maintaining the health of your skin. This was my first spa treatment with Bluemercury and I was too excited!

Lance, my esthetician for the day, explained that the Brightening Facial, which was what I'd be receiving, would "lighten, brighten & tighten"! Now this facial is specifically recommended for those dealing with issues relating to discoloration, hyperpigmentation, sun damage or age spots. It's also suggested for those who might be suffering from dull skin and needing a "pick-me-up". Well I fell into the last category and knew that a professional exfoliation treatment would be just what my skin needed- and after my consultation with Lance, I felt assured that I was in good hands.

This facial included cleansing, toning, a glycolic peel, extractions (which I opted out of and was given an herbal clay mask in its place), a vitamin C treatment, vitamin oxygen blast and a moisturizer. After Lance had finished my facial and I'd been given the opportunity to see the results, I could see that my skin looked refreshed and renewed - and definitely brighter! It felt so soft and amazingly smooth!

This is a facial treatment worth investing in for guaranteed results and it's the perfect way to prepare for the upcoming holiday season. I also recommend this to those of you heading to DC for the Inauguration festivities! For additional Bluemercury locations, please visit www.bluemercury.com

 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I might give them a try. I am going to treat myself to something for finishing school this week. If I go I will ask for Lance. How was his facial massage? Did you buy any products?

December 16, 2008 at 6:37 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shalon: Yes, please give Lance a try! You deserve an amazing treat for your amazing accomplishment! I'm so proud of you- congratulations!

The results were amazing- I seriously had a NEW layer of skin on my face! I left with products from Fresh, Dermalogica, Fekkai, Supersmile, Mario Badescu, Phyto, ReVive, Terax, Molton Brown, md skincare and Mustela.

Please let me know if you decide to book with Lance and let me know what facial you decide to try! :)

December 17, 2008 at 1:18 AM
MakeupByRenRen said...

can you explain to me the extraction process? is it painful?

December 17, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Anonymous said...

i'm in desperate need of a professional facial... maybe i'll bluemercury and lance a try ;)

December 17, 2008 at 9:37 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "MakeupByRenRen": I looooove you!!!!!!! So glad you asked this question- I plan to do a "Mischo Beauty School" post on this next Monday.

But in the meantime- the extraction process involves the manual removal of impurities and comedones (blackheads) which helps unblock clogged areas and refine pores. It's a very good way to remove papules and pustules (forms of acne) in order to release bacteria.

As long as you see an experienced esthetician, you should have no worries! The procedure will involve the esthetician applying pressure around the skin surrounding the hair follicle in order to extract the impaction. It's a painless procedure and really works wonders with helping to clear up skin.

Please stay tuned for my post on extractions- I'll go into more detail there. Please feel free to email me with any questions! :)

December 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Good! You should definitely check them out- I highly recommend Lance. :)

December 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM
yummy411 said...

why did you opt out of the peel? i found a few mentions of peels, but never really considered them since i'm not a big exfoliator of any type. i exfoliate regularly, but...

i experienced the 'dead sea mineral' (i think it's called)peel while going thru the mall and the lady showed me on my wrist what it does. i was shocked at what i saw and the dead skin she was removing! but i also have a slight stinging on my wrist now. it scared me from trying anything like that on my face... where does a peel fit in when you exfoliate regularly? is it doing too much to your skin? sorry for the long comment and questions. i'm curious!

December 18, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "yummy411": Oh, I didn't opt out of the peel. I opted out of the extractions. My facial experience will probably always be somewhat different from the average person because I'm a licensed esthetician and with that said - I'm just a little picky. ;)

My preference is to have my regular esthetitican do my extractions- that's all. So please don't get me wrong, Lance is highly skilled and experienced, so if you visit him- you are in good hands!!

As for peels- please stay tuned to a "Mischo Beauty School" post dedicated to peels in 2 weeks. I have lots to write and I want to make sure everyone can see it, so please stay tuned! :)

December 19, 2008 at 6:10 PM
yummy411 said...

thanks mischo!

December 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "yummy411": Your post will go "live" next Monday. :)

December 22, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Post a Comment