Mischo Beauty Pick: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant


Many of you know that I attended Mercedes Benz Fashion Week this past September, during which time Dermalogica treated me to a complementary Face Map skin analysis and introduced their newest products. I was sent home with a detailed prescription of products to best care for my specific skincare needs. Well, I received my prescribed products and one of them happened to be one of my favorites, Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant.

I can't stress enough the need to incorporate exfoliation into your skincare regimen because it's one of the best ways to keep your skin looking young, refreshed and vibrant! This product is AMAZING and my skin is always unbelievably soft and smooth after each use. You can probably guess my age- or close to it- if you've been following my blog, but most people think I'm at least 10 years younger than I actually am! I attribute most of that to my genes and the rest to a consistent skincare regimen.

Here's how it works- it's a rice-based enzyme powder that activates once you mix it with water. It contains rice bran and rice starch which exfoliate surface skin cells. Papain enzyme and salicylic acid dissolve skin cells, and green tea, ginkgo and colloidal oatmeal all calm the skin, leaving it smooth and vibrant. The combination of all the ingredients helps to even skin tone.

It's gentle enough to use daily, but my preference is to use it 2 -3 times a week after double-cleansing and before I apply my mask. This is definitely a winner and worth the investment! I highly recommend it.

Have you tried this? What's your favorite Dermalogica product?

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not tried this but i do love a good exfoliant... i like the precleanse... even though it's oily it seems to work w/ my oily skin ;)

December 14, 2008 at 11:34 PM
Nadia said...

I've heard wonderful things about this beginning about a year ago and still have yet to try it. I purchased a mild exfoliant from the drugstore once when I was in a rush that I actually ended up loving. When I run out of it, I definitely want to purchase this.

December 15, 2008 at 12:21 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Your oily skin would LOVE this exfoliant- seriously! Please let me know if you decide to try it. :)

December 16, 2008 at 5:07 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Nadia: You should definitely give this one a try- it's worth the investment and you'll love the results. Please let me know if you decide to try it. :)

December 16, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Post a Comment