Mischo Beauty Pick: Jurlique Biodynamic Beauty Range


I first learned about the "biodynamic" label earlier this year after reading an issue of WWD Beauty Biz, and it's simply used to certify products above and beyond the "natural" and "organic" certifications. I was given the opportunity to try Jurlique's new Biodynamic Beauty Range, which consists of a serum, eye cream, night lotion and refining treatment. You all know how much I love skincare, and so I was more than excited about this opportunity. Now I will tell you that I did supplement the collection with my own cleanser, toner, mask and SPF (which is all part of my normal skincare regimen). As I've previously mentioned, exfoliants are essential to any skincare regimen and so I had to hold myself back from using the refining treatment everyday! Once a week was enough for me- but I always advise using according to your skin type/needs. This left my skin soft and polished, which explains the temptation to overuse. It's formulated with Apricot Seed Powder, which helps with the removal of dead skin cells, and Willow Bark Extract, which aids in cell renewal.

I used the eye cream under my moisturizer during the day and under the serum at night. I used just enough to cover my finger tip. The formula, which contains Black Elder and Licorice, works to firm the skin around the eyes, while reducing dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness. I also found that it brightened the area after having used it for a month. I only used the serum at night because I prefer a light moisturizer with SPF during the day. Three pumps was enough for my face, neck and decollete (second face!), because as I've said before, serums are highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way! The serum is formulated with Beech Tree Buds, Blue Algae and Hibiscus which work to keep the skin firm and reduce signs of aging. And we all know that the first signs of aging usually appear around the eyes, neck and hands.

The night lotion was applied after the eye cream and serum, and I found that it left my skin soft and moisturized in the morning. Interestingly, it's formulated with a botanical ingredient called Marshmallow for intense hydration. After repeated use of this collection, my skin feels soft, smooth and I've been complemented repeatedly on my glow!

Have you tried any of the Jurlique products?

 

4 comments:

beautylogicblog said...

I love jurlique products. they really do work on the skin.

August 27, 2008 at 7:25 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dominican Enigma": Oh good! Glad to hear that. :)

August 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Emily, I am currently interning at Jurlique and thrilled to be doing so! Thanks for reviewing our new biodynamic line! Reading your review makes me want to go use the products right now! Thanks for your friendship towards Jurlique and we look forward to a relationship with Mischo Beauty. Let me know if I can help with anything!

Emily
egolding@jurlique.com

September 3, 2008 at 1:35 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Emily: I thoroughly enjoyed the products and highly recommend them! Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

September 22, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Post a Comment