Mischo Beauty Extra: #34 Tulipe Noire by Yves Saint Laurent









I stopped by the YSL counter this weekend to check out the new Tuxedo collection and instantly fell in love with the #35 Tuxedo Grey nail polish (which was already sold out!) and the #9 Emerald liquid eyeliner - oh and the #14 Golden Purple & #15 Golden Berry lip glosses are so pretty! But for this week's post I chose the #34 Tulipe Noire nail polish. It's a deep, dark purple (looks almost black depending on the lighting) and I LOVE it! I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on at the counter. I had planned to finish the month of August with the bright nail colors I'd purchased, but oh well- I guess you can't stop love! One coat is all you need to achieve the color in the bottle, but darker colors are harder for me to apply neatly, so I applied two. What do you think?

 

17 comments:

beautylogicblog said...

love the shoes mamma

August 18, 2008 at 9:16 AM
beautylogicblog said...

and the color is sooooooo fab too

August 18, 2008 at 9:17 AM
Anonymous said...

I will be buying that color this week.

August 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM
All Lacquered Up said...

Gorgeous color! But I find it odd that they'd come out with a color named Tulipe Noire just a year after Chanel did.

Though the gray you mentioned has me intrigued. I've never tried YSL polish but I may have to hunt that color down, if possible.

August 18, 2008 at 12:35 PM
MakeupByRenRen said...

ohhh i likey!

August 18, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dominican Enigma": Awww- thanks! :)

August 18, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Julia: Cool! Let me know what you think!!

August 18, 2008 at 6:06 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "CincyFan": Thank you! Would love to know your thoughts on the nail polish because I know you've tried them all! Please let us know! :)

August 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "MakeupByRenRen": Thanks girl! :)

August 18, 2008 at 6:08 PM
yummy411 said...

i'm not sure which i like more.. the shoes or the polish =)

August 19, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "yummy411": Awwwww- thanks girl! Get that polish! :)

August 19, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Luxe Tips said...

I love it! I am so glad darks are back! This is gorgeous! I will have to try it!

August 19, 2008 at 11:25 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Luxe Tips": You're right- it's all about dark lips & nails for the fall! :)

August 20, 2008 at 8:26 AM
Unknown said...

I think you did an outstanding job applying this nail color. I actually love how rich it looks, like a decadent chocolate mani and pedi, lol! :)

BTW, where did you get the shoes from? They're too cute! :)

August 20, 2008 at 11:42 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anjela @ BlaqVixenBeauty": Thanks Angela! You know you're the one responsible for these posts on nail polishes- lol! I will say that now I understand why readers want to actually "see" what you're writing about- the look definitely varies from skintone to skintone.

Oh, and the shoes are like 4 years old now and I bought them from Loehmann's in DC...thanks for the compliment! :)

August 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM
www.johnicareed.com said...

I am totally ordering that polish right now!

August 23, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Johnica": Goodie! Please let me know your thoughts when you receive it! :)

August 25, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Post a Comment