Mischo Beauty: 3LAB Fashion Week Survival Kit



Because my degree is in chemistry and one of my goals is to launch a product line of my own one day, I'm loving the fact that 3LAB was founded by two chemists and a dermatologist! 3LAB is best known for producing products with the highest-grade of botanical ingredients and the highest percentages of anti-oxidant ingredients in the industry. Wow!

So when 3LAB heard about my plans for Fashion Week (yes, I'm anxiously counting down!) they were so gracious enough to send me a 3LAB Fashion Week Survival Kit. It includes the Perfect Cleansing Scrub, Perfect Repair and the WW Eye Cream. I will post my full review in a few weeks, as I prefer to test skincare products for a minimum of 3-4 weeks (as most of you know) - so please be sure to check back! Until then, I will be taking advantage of all the beauty sleep I'm able to get, (skin cells repair themselves most when we're sleeping) because I'll need all the energy I can get in preparation for my upcoming Fashion Week adventure!

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey K,

I meant to ask you: are you a cosmetic chemist? If so, that's what I want to be! Ever since I picked up Paula Begoun's book, I've been focusing on the ingredients in different cosmetics. I really hope you find success in that 3LAB Survival Kit and have a fabulous time at Fashion Week! I can't wait until you do your product review and your commentary! :)

August 29, 2008 at 5:36 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Miss Anjela": No I'm not. My undergraduate degree is in chemistry. And actually a classmate and I chose to research "lye vs. no-lye" hair relaxers for our final analytical chemistry project our senior year at Spelman. She went on to work as a chemist for Procter & Gamble, whereas I chose another path.

Anjela- I say go for it! Shoot for the stars, the sky is the limit and the world is your oyster! Please keep me updated on your progress! :)

August 30, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Unknown said...

Oh, I see. I started to wonder about that. So is lye relaxers better than no-lye? I read that lye relaxers keep moisture in the hair. What did your research tell you? Also, I what kind of job do you have now?

Right now, I'm trying to switch over from the Navy to the Air Force so that I can attend their community college. I'm thinking about changing my second major to chemistry instead of pre-respiratory therapy.

August 30, 2008 at 5:14 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Miss Anjela": I say go for it! If you have a passion for chemistry, then you should really pursue it. There's so much you can do with it- i.e. teach, research, etc...

As far as "lye vs. no-lye"- here's my response to that:

"Let’s understand the difference between “lye” and “no-lye” hair relaxers. Relaxers break certain chemical bonds in the hair so that they can’t reform. This simply means that hair that was once curly, is now permanently straightened. Certain relaxers use “lye” to break these bonds. Lye is a very strong chemical base that can burn your skin and damage your hair if not used correctly. With "no lye" relaxers, another chemical is used in the place of lye and is considered a medium strength base. Research has shown that the use of "no lye" relaxers results in less scalp irritation, but the same safety rules apply. Both types of relaxers can burn the scalp if used incorrectly. It’s wrong to assume that compared to “lye” relaxers, "no lye" relaxers take the worry out of straightening your hair. Both types of relaxers contain caustic chemicals."

I hope that helped! :)

September 2, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Elle LeChatton said...

I am looking forward to your review. 3Lab is so expensive. I really want to know if its worth the extra $$.

September 9, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Elle: I haven't posted the review as of yet, but I will tell you that in my opinion I believe it's a quality product and worth trying. Of course in order to see benefits you should be sure to follow usage instructions along with incorporating it into a complete skincare regimen. :)

September 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Post a Comment