Mischo Beauty Tip: Mally Roncal The Germinator

WWD Beauty Biz reports that Mally Roncal's obsession with staying bacteria-free, after having twins, directly influenced her launch of additional makeup brushes. In the current issue, Mally shared five tips for keeping your makeup bacteria-free:

1. Wash your hands with antibacterial wash. For my clients I use an antibac that smells like lavendar called Jao Hand Refresher. I put it on my hands and rub them together, then let it dry and put it over their faces. Not only do you kill germs, but you can enjoy a moment of peace.

2. There's nothing worse then looking in someone's makeup bag and seeing dirty, funky, crusty brushes. Either use a brush cleanser or wash your brushes in a gentle shampoo and then condition them.

3. Use Q-Tips whenever possible. In a perfect world, if we were all kajillionaires, we could use our Kevyn Aucoin brush once and throw it away, but we can't. Q-Tips get the makeup on and off and you can just ditch them.

4. Don't blow on your brushes! A lot of women get makeup on their brush and then blow on it. I just see the spit from their mouth on it. To get rid of excess powder, tap on the brush instead.

5. Anything you use in your eye area needs to be cleaned with each use. Sharpen your eye pencil right before or after you use it to take off what you just used on your eye."

I love and agree with Mally's tips! How are you keeping your makeup germ free? I want to know!

 

6 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Great germ-killing tips!! I just wash my brushes in warm soapy water. Plus, I ALWAYS wash my hands before applying any makeup to my face.

Btw, I didn't know Mally Roncal had twins! Good for her!

April 29, 2008 at 10:06 AM
yummy411 said...

yeh i didn't know that mally had twins either. great tips... things that i already practice... yes!

April 29, 2008 at 11:11 AM
beautylogicblog said...

I'm a clean freak when it comes to my brushes. Seriously, I don't like anything dirty on my face. Mally Roncal is so beautiful!

April 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "brown girl gumbo": Thanks! And yes, Mally now has twins and she's still workin' that makeup line out!

April 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "yummy411": Good for you! :)

April 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dominican Enigma": I totally agree! :)

April 29, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Post a Comment