Mischo Beauty School: Skin Analysis 101



I've said this before and I'll say it again- I can't begin to name all the reasons why you should incorporate facials into your beauty routine! Not only are facials relaxing and pampering, but they are crucial to maintaining the health of your skin. In my opinion, and as a licensed esthetician, one of the most important steps in a facial treatment is the skin analysis. An esthetician can't properly treat you unless they know the following - which is only obtained through a proper skin analysis/consultation:

1. Skin type
2. Skin conditions present
3. Skin texture
4. Visible appearance of skin
5. If you have allergies to products or scents
6. Why you are there
7. What your concerns are
8. What products you use at home
9. If you have had facial treatments in the past
10. If you are on medication

The esthetician should use a magnifying lamp/light during the skin analysis in order to properly see the skin and perform detailed work. A proper skin analysis will help the esthetician know what products and services should be performed and which are contraindicated. A contraindication is a factor or reason that makes it inadvisable to proceed with a treatment. They include certain medications, contagious diseases, skin disorders, medical conditions and skin irritation.

The misuse of products or poor facial treatments will harm the skin. At the end of your facial service you should leave knowing what your skin conditions are and what you can do to improve your skin's health. Products for home care should be recommended and preventive measures should be discussed.

Love your skin.

I'd love to hear your facial stories! Please share! Oh, and please feel free to e-mail me with any questions!

P.S. I had the Triple Oxygen Treatment Facial at Bliss 49 and the Signature Pedicure at Rescue Beauty Lounge yesterday. Please stay tuned for my reviews!*

 

6 comments:

Anu said...

in my family, every single generation makes home made facials lol. from the day i was born to now, i've been surrounded by family members who made ayurvedic face masks etc. it's so entrenched in indian culture i find.

April 7, 2008 at 7:12 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

I think that's amazing! Clean and healthy skin is truly the key and I can only imagine how therapeutic the ayurvedic face masks are! The women in your family must look many years younger than their actual ages! Thanks so much for sharing that!

April 7, 2008 at 7:15 PM
beautylogicblog said...

Hi Mischo, I'm addicted to facials and make sure to get one at least once a month. I go to The Skin Spa in New York. The facials are to die for. Recently I got an acupuncture facial which was phenomenal. Hugs

April 7, 2008 at 9:12 PM
Unknown said...

I just tried the Bliss All Around Eye Cream and I really like it. It is really smooth and hydrating without being greasy or irritating.

April 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dominican Enigma": Good for you and I'm making note of your spa suggestion! Thanks for visiting!! :)

April 8, 2008 at 4:20 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shalon: Ooooh, I can't wait to try it! Thanks for letting me know.

April 8, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Post a Comment