Mischo Beauty: Let's Play Tag! (Courtesy of The Beauty of Life)

I just noticed that Jamie of The Beauty of Life tagged me in her Let's Play Tag post! So I’ve responded to the two top five posts below:

My Five Must-NOT Have Items:

1) Luster’s Pink Hair Lotion: Defeats the point of having a relaxer because it made my hair frizz and I never experienced the results of it’s conditioning ingredients.

2) Aveda Shampure Shampoo: I know this is an all time favorite for many, but its fragrance just doesn’t agree with me.

3) Cuticle Clippers: I had a nail infection that took about a year to work itself out of my body, and I almost lost a nail. Yikes! The cuticle is your protection against bacteria. I would suggest gently and carefully pushing them back and keeping them conditioned and moisturized.

4) YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara: This was too clumpy for me and really didn’t give me the “faux lash” effect I’d hoped for.

5) B. Kamins Diatomamus Earth Masque: This is for oily skin and that’s the key! My skin is normal with an occasional oily t-zone, so this was just too intense and caused a slight irritation.

My Five Biggest Makeup Crimes:

1) Waxing my own eyebrows!: What can I say! I'm an esthetician- LOL! The first few times left lots to be desired, but I had to learn from my mistakes. I’m happy to report that I’ve perfected it!

2) Not wearing sunscreen consistently!: My mother has been telling me to do this for years. It took my studying esthetics and working on clients with skin damaged by the sun, before I really understood how much the sun damages your skin and ages you.

3) Long airbrushed nails in college!: Yikes! Yes, I thought I was the bomb, well up until I headed to San Francisco for an internship at Genentech and realized that I needed to take them off in order to do my lab research. Not only did it take forever to soak the acrylic off, but my real nails were super sensitive and hurt because I’d worn the acrylic overlay for so long.

4) Relaxing my own hair!: I know this isn’t makeup – but I had to share this one! Don’t do it- just don’t! I’ve seen clumps of hair both in my hands and going down the drain too many times. I had to learn the hard way. And yes, this is before I went to cosmetology school! You can’t see the top and back of your hair. If you can’t afford to see a stylist, ask a friend to help you.

5) Wearing lipstick to match my Chanel Vamp nail polish!: Yes, this was back during my college days and it was so wrong! I have nothing else to say about this one. LOL!

Thanks Jamie! I’m now going to tag Jennifer of Beauty In Real Life, Julia of All About The Pretty and Fuzkittie of The Makeup Daily. Can’t wait to see your posts!

P.S. I'm loving the Leona Lewis' February cover of UK Harper's Bazaar!

 

8 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Haha~ Wearing lipstick to match anything is pretty bad.

March 26, 2008 at 4:30 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Haha! Yeah- those super sexy Vamp nails I was sporting made me do it! LOL!

March 26, 2008 at 4:57 PM
Unknown said...

No you didn't wear lipstick to match your Vamp nail polish. Who I am I to talk. I have committed some of your beauty crimes myself. I have also relaxed my own hair and was left with overprocessed hair that felt like straw. I also at one time in my life wore dark Red lipstick, big mistake. I won't go near the stuff now, but you couldn't tell me I wasn't cute.

I agree Luster's Pink hair lotion all I can say is yuck.

March 26, 2008 at 8:14 PM
Jennifer said...

Hey girl! I loved reading your makeup crimes and must-not have items! I agree about the Shampure, while I love Aveda, I didn't like the results I got from this shampoo.
As always...great post!

March 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shalon: LOL! I guess you live and you learn, right? LOL!!

March 27, 2008 at 3:40 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Jennifer: Thanks! Yeah, while I do love the concept of Aveda, a few of their products are just too fragrant for me...:(

March 27, 2008 at 3:41 PM
Jamie said...

Yay! I'm glad you did this. I'm sorry you don't like Shampure -- it's actually my fave shampoo! But I loved reading all these, great post as always!

March 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Well, thanks again for tagging me- it was fun!

March 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Post a Comment