Beautiful hair needs an expert.



So I have to begin by asking- are dark roots in? Just curious, because it seems like they're a current trend among celebrities, not to mention that they were the signature look of Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie Bradshaw on "Sex and the City". I love Madonna's hair in the above photo, both the style and color, but I can't seem to get past her 1 inch of dark roots! As a colorist, I see clients with all stages of new growth- 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 2 inches, it varies. But to see a celebrity with dark roots? I'm sure just about any colorist would give her a root touch-up for free, just to be able to say she's a client of theirs!

At any rate, if you've been following my blog, you know by now how much I love Kerastase products! I've had the opportunity to work with just about every Kerastase product over the past three years. My recommendation for color-treated hair is the Kerastase Reflection regimen. The Bain Miroir shampoo eliminates build-up and provides protection, while smoothing the hair's cuticle. The Chroma Reflect Masque smells sooooo good! It's always the top deep conditioning treatment of choice used in the salon. It's perfect for adding much needed moisture to the hair and extending color. Finally, the Chroma Protect is great for styling. It's applied to damp hair and provides protection, smooths the hair shaft and adds shine.

The Kerastase Reflection regimen gets my "Sexy, Healthy, Beautiful" stamp of approval!

What are your favorite products for color-treated hair?

(Kerastase Reflection photos courtesy of kerastase-usa.com)
(Madonna photo courtesy of nymag.com)

 

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I noticed that on one of the Proactiv commercials, Jessica Simpson was sporting some pretty bad grown out roots too. I don't think it looks very good either, and it's sort of surprising to see on a celebrity, as you said!

I haven't tried any of Keratese's products but I would like to! I am always trying new hair stuff, lol.

Thanks for posting :)

March 2, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Thanks for checking out my post! For some reason the roots on Madonna bothered me- LOL! Anyway, if you ever get a chance to try Kerastase products- I highly recommend them!

Is your hair colored?

March 2, 2008 at 11:35 PM
Nicole said...

Yes, it is. I have been using Redken's All Soft for a while... and it's ok. I want to try Matrix Color.Smart too. Any other recommendations, or is Keratese the way to go? Is it super expensive?

March 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

Kerastase is definitely on the "luxury" end of the spectrum. I also like Wella's Color Preserve, Wella SP Color Saver, Davines Nounou and Rene Furterer Okara (all of which I used while apprenticing in salons)...

I've heard great things about Matrix products, but I've never used them.

I hope this helped!

March 3, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Post a Comment