Mischo Beauty News



The world of beauty blogging was featured in today's "Fashion & Style" section of The New York Times. Click here to read more:

Beauty Blogs Come of Age: Swag, Please!

My very first beauty blog was "I Love Mischo" and I started it because of my new found excitement and passion for just having received my cosmetology license and just having started my apprenticeship at Vidal Sassoon. I felt that this was one of the many ways to share with the world all that I had learned and was so passionate about. It evolved into "Mischo Beauty", as I have since then received my makeup artistry license and esthetics license. Any one who knows me, knows that beauty is my passion. It started with me doing my dolls hair when I was little and continued on to my selecting to analyze the chemical composition of "lye vs. no lye" relaxers for my final project in my Analytical Chemistry course at Spelman College. At one point over the past few years while working my corporate job, I also worked at a hair salon, a day spa and went to cosmetology school full-time. Yes, three jobs and school all at the same time! The greater the challenge, the greater the reward...

I share this with you to let you know that I don't blog to receive free beauty products, actually I haven't received anything free as of yet! And, I don't think there's anything wrong with blogging about free products. If I've used a product I've stated that I have, and if I don't like a product I will share that with you as well. See my post for the YSL mascara. At any rate I love my blog and I love those of you who continue to support me. Thank you. Also, thank you to all of you who've volunteered over the past few years to be hair models, waxing models, eyebrow/lash tinting models and facial models. I could not have achieved all of this without you!

*Vote for Mischo Beauty Now!*

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment