Ask Mischo Beauty...



This week's question comes from Rachel, who asked the following:

"First, LOVE your blog- secondly, I need your help! I wear my hair straight during the winter (curly during the summer), because it's just easier to care for. With wearing my hair straight, I both blow dry and flat iron so I'm in need of a serious heat protectant! Any suggestions?"

Thank you- and yes, absolutely! I'm glad you've realized that you do NEED a heat protectant, because by the time summer arrives and you begin wearing your hair curly again, your hair will show signs of damage (depending on how often you heat style your hair)! My advice is that you heat style no more than once, maybe twice a week - if possible.

Now, you didn't share your hair type or texture, so my recommendation will include heat protectants that work for a variety of hair types. Please keep in mind that you will need to do research on each to determine which will work best for you. So here are my recommendations:

- Aveda Brillant Damage Control
- Mizani ThermaStrength Strengthening Style Serum
- Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray
- Silk Elements MegaSilk Heat Protection Spray
- Sebastian Trilliant
- Biolage Thermal-Activating Spray
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Hair Serum
- Kerastase Nectar Thermique
- Biosilk Silk Therapy
- Paul Mitchell Seal and Shine

And yes, there are many more, but I've listed those I've used and liked - or those I've received great feedback on... oh, and I'm not brand loyal.

I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how you decide to move forward!

If you have beauty questions you'd like answered, please send them to mischobeauty@gmail.com.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment