Mischo Beauty Challenge: "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2011"



I love when Oprah says "when you know better, you do better" (a Maya Angelou quote), and so with the success of last year's "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2010" challenge we all have to agree that we now definitely know better! It's my goal to continue to be a source of motivation and encouragement when it comes to taking care of yourself internally (internal beauty determines outer beauty!) and so I'm continuing on with "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2011".

As before, I'll provide weekly tips on health, wellness and exercise. Ultimately, each of us will do what works best individually, based on our own needs. So here are a few items to get you started:

1. Invest in a pedometer and track your steps (so, so easy!). You'll be surprised at how you'll push yourself to get more steps in each day without even realizing it! 7,000-10,000 steps a day are recommended for overall good health.

2. Take a multivitamin daily, and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily.

3. Eat fresh green vegetables at least 3x a week, and make sure you're getting adequate sleep!

4. Check out Kimberly Snyder's blog - it's filled with TONS of great tips and Kimberly is such an inspiration.

5. Yoga = JOY. Let me say that again, Yoga = JOY! If you haven't tried it, you are missing out. Consider joining the 21-day yoga challenge here.

6. I love Zee's "Firm Determination #10", and I plan to start working on that this week!

7. Enlist a partner (of course someone who shares the same goals) and hold each other accountable. That pretty much speaks for itself, right?

And just a reminder- this is not a "weight-loss" challenge, but it is an "inner beauty fitness" challenge. If you're fit internally, then there's no denying it externally! So if you lose weight, and that's your goal, then great. I am not a dietitian, nutritionist, or a medical doctor - so always seek the advice of your doctor!

I'll try to tweet the things I'm doing daily to keep fit and healthy by using the hashtag #HealthySexyBeautiful2011, so feel free to join me in sharing your updates by using it too! Oh, and if there are tips you feel I should add to this list, please leave them in the comments section and I'll be sure to add them.

Are you with me? I hope so! Let's get started!

 

12 comments:

Zee said...

Exciting list to help us on our way! I'm looking forward to buying my first QUALITY pedometer asap. I had an inexpensive one that continuously switched off during the day. Worth the investment for a good one. And can't wait to start that Sunday cookin'! Thanks Kitiya :))

January 5, 2011 at 3:52 PM
beautylogicblog said...

yes, Kim Snyder's blog i a must read. Love the tips mama!

January 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Nikhel said...

Let's not forget about detoxifying! Eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and drinking lots of water or simply having a colonic will help detox and give u lots of energy.

January 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM
TheSeventhDistrict said...

YAY! I've been waiting for your tweets on this! You keep me motivated

January 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Kim {The Stylish Life} said...

Count me in!! I'm going to make a real effort this year. I think my iPod Nano has a pedometer which I need to put to use.

January 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Andrea F said...

Thx for keeping us all motivate... i'm IN! ;)

January 11, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Zee: Yay!!! Did you purchase the pedometer?

January 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To beautylogicblog: Thanks, girly!

January 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Nikhel: Yes, you're right, girly! Thanks for adding that!

January 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To TotalLifeProsperityBlog.com: So glad you're participating! Whooooo-hooooooo!

January 29, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Kim {The Stylish Life}: Yay!!!!! So happy you're participating!

January 29, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea F: Yay!!! Whoooo-hooooooo!

January 29, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Post a Comment