Ask Mischo Beauty...



This week's question comes from Ashley, who asked the following:

"I'm in desperate need of an eye cream! I currently use products by Dermalogica and SkinCeuticals. I'm tired of walking around with dark bags under my eyes, looking like a tired, old woman. Help!"

Well, first and foremost, we need to figure out why you have dark circles/bags under your eyes to begin with! The cause could be a number of reasons such as - lack of sleep, stress, poor diet or allergies- just to name a few. There could be something you change internally, that could very well solve the problem.

Now when it comes to product recommendations, I'm not brand loyal. I am happy to hear that you've found products that work for you and because that's the case, I would encourage you to try an eye cream within those product lines first. The reason being, is that products within a line are specifically formulated to work with one another- so start there first! And, it is true that not every product within a product line will work for you.

If you have to search for an eye cream outside of the product lines you're currently using, then my advice is to buy products formulated for your specific skin type/need/issue. So, search for an eye cream formulated to target dark circles under the eyes. Also, please keep in mind that finding what works for you involves trial and error, and CONSISTENT use for a minimum of 30 days (in my opinion).

Remember, for best results, eye creams should be applied to cleansed skin both morning and night using your ring finger before applying other products. The skin under the eye area is the thinnest skin on the body, which means you should use your weakest finger (ring finger) to apply product to that delicate area. I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how it's going!

If you have beauty questions you'd like answered, please send them to mischobeauty@gmail.com.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment