The Russians are Coming...Russian Red that is!



I've always wanted to rock a red lip, but am so addicted to neutrals that it almost never happens. I wore a red lipcolor to my senior prom - a bold move by my 17 year-old self, and it looked fabulous! I was inspired to experiment with the color anew after meeting Chrisette Michele and admiring her amazing makeup job.



I discovered that her shade of the moment is MAC's Lady Danger, and it's a beauty. Well, after coveting her red lip, I just had to make it happen for myself. Luckily for me there was a makeup artist on hand at the event who was on the ready to rouge me up. She used MAC lipstick in Russian Red, and a couple of days later, I got my hands on a tube of my own.

Check me out with my Russian Red lip, lined with Shiseido's Smoothing Lip Pencil.

Rouge it up, y'all! -Zee

 

4 comments:

Katie said...

Love that shade on you!

December 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM
andrea f said...

Russian Red is an old fave of mine... looks good Zee ;)

December 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM
Zee said...

Thank you, Katie! Do you do red yourself?

December 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Zee said...

Muchas gracias Andrea :) I know, I know. I am late to the game, but I'm ready to play! lol

December 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Post a Comment