Ask Mischo Beauty...



This week's question comes from my sister, Allison, who asked the following:

"What's your favorite facial mask and why?"

In all honesty, I've had the opportunity to use a variety of facial masks that have worked well for me (I have combination skin), and what's really most important when selecting a mask is knowing your skin type. Generally, there are two types of masks - setting masks and non-setting masks. Setting masks, which normally use clay as their base - harden, dry, absorb oil and remove dead skin cells. They're recommended for oily, combination and acneic skin types.

Non-setting masks should be used on normal, dry or sensitive skin and are primarily nourishing, hydrating and soothing. An example of a non-setting mask would be a gel mask. Benefits of masks include some of the following:

- Tighten and tone the skin
- Draw impurities out of the pores
- Assist in clearing of blemishes
- Hydrate & nourish the skin
- Calm & soothe the skin

And to further answer your question - know that I'm not brand loyal and that I personally use a combination of both mask types. I use a setting mask on my oily t-zone and a non-setting mask everywhere else. So there you have it!

I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how you choose to move forward, as well as what works for you. Love your skin.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment