Mischo Beauty School: Nail Shape 101



I'll be the first to admit that while I loved the bright, neon and pastel nail colors for the spring/summer, I couldn't wait to start wearing chocolate, burgundy and deep blue & green nail shades for the fall/winter. With that said, let's discuss how to choose a nail shape before your manicure appointment.

Here are a few things to consider:

1. The shape of your hands
2. The length of your fingers
3. The shape of your cuticles
4. The type of work you do


I was always taught (well I learned this in cosmetology school, during the nail curriculum!) that the shape of your nail should mirror the shape of your cuticles. This will ensure the most natural look, which in turn compliments your hands. And believe it or not- here are the most requested shapes:

1. Square Nail
2. Round Nail
3. Oval Nail
4. Squoval Nail
5. Pointed Nail


Keep in mind that an unusual shape will definitely draw attention to your nails and hands. And, if you work with your hands, you should definitely choose a shape that will allow for a shorter nail length in order to avoid breakage.

Questions? What's your nail shape and why? Love your nails.

 

2 comments:

temptu said...

I want to shape my nails into squares, and I don't know how to do it.

November 6, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To temptu: Hmmmm, maybe you should mirror the shape of your nails to your cuticles? Are your cuticles a "square" shape?

November 8, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Post a Comment