Karen's Body Beautiful: Chic Grows in Brooklyn



Karen Tappin-Saunderson, owner of Karen's Body Beautiful, has a message for those who still wonder -- Yes, natural can be and is sleek, chic and beautiful! Her brand's new, all-black, minimalist packaging sexily communicates that missive loud and clear.

After spending years hearing a good friend rave about KBB's products, and, for some strange reason, still not indulging myself, I was excited to stop by the retail shop and spa on Myrtle Avenue in the Fabulous Borough of Brooklyn (do you detect some bias?) for Champagne and Cupcakes, the brand's re-launch party. Karen hosted the event, and treated us lucky guests to mini-manicures, consultations and mini-makeovers with the new resident makeup artist and esthetician, head-bobbing sounds courtesy of a live DJ, and of course, the promised champagne and cupcakes.

I roamed around the space, taking in the black-a-fied and geometrically pleasing wall of product (the Virgo in me appreciates such order), the new mani and pedi stations, massage rooms and a curious room fitted with a futuristic-looking hydro-jacuzzi tub that was speaking directly to my tired muscles (what kind of crazy, pleasure-inducing soaking can be had in that thing??!!). Karen had indeed taken it to the next level, and I am looking forward to seeing what is to come. I have since heard tell that a cosmetics line is in the works. Is this true? We can only hope!

The Bottom Line: KBB has upped the ante and that is cause for major celebration among body-loving Brooklynites and Bridge-and-Tunnel folk looking for a hot new spot to stop on by after work for a spa treatment, specialized mani or pedi, or just to pick up some great, time-tested natural products to pamper themselves at home. For those of us living outside of the Planet of Brooklyn or NYC -- we are fortunately just a point and click away from KBB's online store, where we can order smell goods and feel goods galore! My personal faves? The shampoo and conditioner (this conditioner is A-MAZ-ing in my very thick, very curly, and extremely dry hair) in the Egyptian Musk fragrance. Truly heavenly. -Zee

 

3 comments:

Gia said...

Love the Hair Milk (or Sweet Ambosia). Have turned a lot of my friends on to Karen's Body Beautiful.

November 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Anonymous said...

Ok, your post makes me want to get there ASAP! I seriously feel like I'm missing out. Oh, and by the way, welcome. :)

November 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Zee said...

@Gia-The Sweet Ambrosia comes in the Egyptian Musk scent as well and I have been using it lately and really like it too!

@ Anonymous- I think it will be worth the trip! Let me know if you go and what you think. And thank you so much for the welcome! So glad to be here. :)

November 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Post a Comment