Mischo Beauty School: Facials 101



I consider facials my "essential beauty product" because not only are facials relaxing and pampering, but they are crucial to maintaining the health of your skin. For those of you who've never had a facial, it's a service performed by an esthetician and usually consists of a professional deep cleansing, steam treatment, exfoliation, extractions, massage, mask, moisturizer and possibly other products and treatments.

Not only will facials improve and revive your skin, but they also help maintain the skin's health. You should definitely consider incorporating facials into your beauty regimen! If I haven't convinced you yet- here are a few of the many other benefits:

1. SLOWS DOWN PREMATURE AGING
2. Professional Deep Cleansing, Steam Treatment, Exfoliation, Extractions, Massage & Mask
3. Relaxing/Pampering
4. Increases Circulation & Detoxifies
5. Professional Skin Analysis, Product Recommendation & Custom Home Skincare Regimen
6. Stimulates Skin Renewal & Metabolism
7. Corrects/Alleviates Dryness, Oiliness & Redness
8. Softens Wrinkles & Aging Lines
9. Helps Clear Up Blemishes & Minor Acne
10. SLOWS DOWN PREMATURE AGING

Questions? Anyone had a fabulous facial lately? Love your skin.

 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love getting facials(face & back) for absolutely every reason you listed above...lol my jawline has been so prone to blemishes so i tried a mild peel on my last visit. very nice!!

April 5, 2010 at 11:02 AM
NewRibena said...

I had a great one about two weeks ago and was reminded of just how wonderful they can be. I'm lucky to have pretty good skin and don't end up going as often as I perhaps should. How often should we be getting them?

April 5, 2010 at 11:56 AM
the beautynista said...

LUV LUV LUVVV Facials! My guilty pleasure!

April 5, 2010 at 8:29 PM
Dawn said...

I love getting facials and find them a necessity because I tend to be acne-prone. My question is, how often should they be done? Every 4 weeks, every 6?

April 6, 2010 at 12:36 PM
glamgirl006 said...

I want o get a facial sooo bad! perhaps one day... btw, Check out my new blog if you ever get the chance, I just started and would love some tips! http://glamgirl0006.blogspot.com/
xoxo
Carly

April 6, 2010 at 4:16 PM
theminniemaven.com said...

I couldnt agree more! I have been facials since I was in high school--yes that is when it all started. When I was younger, it was more sporadic, but try to get one now at least every season (4x yr). Now, if I am have problems with my skin then of course I try to fit it in more often--every 6-8 weeks until I feel like the problem has subsided.
The one mistake I have probably made is that I do not get them enough in the colder months, and I should probably get them more often because my skin is a lot more dehydrated and patchy during that time of year. This blog was right on point, as I have just returned from getting a facial today (my last one was in November) and because of the harsh winter went the with Microdermabrasion facial to counter all the issues that developed from the cold. I am going to see how this works out, but may go again in about 8 wks.

April 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To SanTara: Thank you and good for you!!!

April 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To NewRibena: Frequency depends on a number of items- age, skin type, skin conditions, etc. In general, if you aren't experiencing any serious issues, I'd recommend once/twice a month...

April 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To the beautynista: Mine too! :)

April 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Dawn: In your case, because of your skin type and skin conditions, I'd recommend investing in a facial at least once a month. Your skin would really benefit from the deep cleansing, steam treatment, deep exfoliation, extractions, massage and mask!

April 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To glamgirl006: Great blog! Thanks for stopping by. :)

April 26, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Lyssa: You are on point! I could not have said it better. Love your regimen/routine!!!

April 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Post a Comment