Mischo Beauty School: Facial Masks 101



After last week's post on exfoliation, I received quite a few emails requesting a recommendation of a good mask. Before I suggest a mask, I need to know your skin type because generally there are two types of masks I recommend: setting & non-setting masks. Setting masks, which normally use clay as their base, harden and dry and absorb oil and remove dead skin cells. Non-setting masks can be used for normal, dry or sensitive skin and are primarily nourishing, moisturizing and soothing.

Benefits of masks include some of the following:

1. Tighten and tone the skin
2. Draw impurities out of the pores
3. Assist in clearing of blemishes
4. Hydrate & nourish the skin
5. Calm & soothe the skin

I personally use a combination of both mask types. I use a setting mask on my oily t-zone and a non-setting mask everywhere else.

Any questions? Love your skin.

 

2 comments:

Ashley S. said...

I never knew the distinction between setting and non-setting masks, so thanks for this! When I feel like pampering myself, I usually go for L'Bel Paris's Essential Purifiant facial mask, being the dutiful L'Bel Rep that I am. I love how a mask makes my skin feel afterward, and there's just something so soothing about taking time out of your day to focus on yourself.

January 4, 2010 at 7:51 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Ashley S.: You're welcome! I must try that mask- thanks for mentioning it!

February 1, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Post a Comment