Mischo Beauty Superstar of the Week: Marcia Kilgore (founder of Bliss Spa)



I was recently reminded that "life is too short to not be doing what you love", and so every day is yet another opportunity for me to work even harder to achieve my goals. I've made significant progress and I'm not giving up until I get there! And so in continuing this series, I had to include Marcia Kilgore (even though I wrote about her 2 years ago on the blog), because she's accomplished what I'm working so hard to achieve.

You see, she's an esthetician, entrepreneur and well-respected beauty authority (that'll be me one day soon!). She began giving facials in her New York City apartment, which led to opening her first business, "Let's Face It". In 1996, she founded Bliss Spa, and the Bliss and Remede beauty product lines. The luxury goods conglomerate Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton (LVMH) acquired 70% of the company in 1999, resulting in a $30 million deal. And, in 2004, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. acquired the company, which is why we now see Bliss Spas in W Hotels.

Marcia serves as the Chief Creative Consultant for Bliss, and consults on product development and design, advertising, and promotional work. Her latest entrepreneurial ventures include the Soap & Glory product line and the Fitflop.

With all that said- can't you understand why I want to be like her when I grow up? She's AMAZING- right!

 

6 comments:

Marina (makeup4all) said...

Thank you for a great post! Now I want to try Bliss even more but I don't think that I came across this brand here.

And, of course, I am sure that you will get what you want! And I am working on my dreams, too :)

November 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Leann said...

I love that you say that. I just got this revelation the other day...life is way too short. Work will not be at your deathbed -- you've got to do what you love and remember your family will always be there!

November 15, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Marina (makeup4all): Thank you!!! Check out http://www.blissworld.com/

November 28, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Leann: Yes!!!!!! Totally agree!

November 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Anonymous said...

I think Marcia's amazing. I guess life really does start at 40. She's created Bliss, fitflops and now seems to give interviews for a living. I'd love to be here too!

May 26, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To lookitmyshoes: Agree! :)

May 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Post a Comment