Mischo Beauty Challenge: "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2010"



I want you all to know that I love and appreciate all of your support, and as the blog continues to grow and evolve, I think what's most important is that I not only discuss external beauty, but internal beauty as well! I love educating you on the health of your hair, skin and nails and I want to be a source of motivation and encourage you to take care of yourself internally as well. And so I've created the "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2010" challenge.

I'll provide weekly tips on health, wellness and exercise. And, I'll try to tweet the things I'm doing daily to keep fit and healthy. I think this will be fun and I hope we can motivate and encourage each other to take better care of ourselves! Here are a few items you may want to do to get started:

1. Join my Nikeplus.com challenge entitled "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2010". It's open to everyone- and you don't have to run to join the challenge. You can walk, too!

2. Invest in a pedometer and track your steps. It's recommended that you do 6,000 - 10,000 steps a day for overall good health. I'm currently using a Virgin HealthMiles pedometer (pictured above).

3. Take a multivitamin daily, and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily.

4. Eat fresh green vegetables at least 3x a week, and make sure you're getting adequate sleep!

5. Check out Kimberly Snyder's blog- it's filled with TONS of great eating tips!

6. I'm adding Yoga, so please check out Yoga Journal for information, tips, and suggested yoga studios near you.

This is not a "weight-loss" challenge, but a "get fit" challenge. If you lose weight, and that's your goal, then great. I am not a dietitian, nutritionist, or a medical doctor- so always seek the advice of your doctor! I'll be updating my progress daily on Twitter, using the hashtag #HealthySexyBeautiful2010, so feel free to join me in sharing your updates by using it too!

Oh, and if you have tips you feel I should add to this list, please leave them in the comments section and I'll be sure to add them.

Are you with me? I hope so! Let's get started!

 

8 comments:

Sherisa (L'élephant Rose) said...

I am totally going to join. The big day is next year and while I don't want to lose weight, I ought to be a bit more toned. I suggest also some form of strengthening exercise like yoga or pilates.

December 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Sherisa (L'élephant Rose): Yay! So glad you're in! And congrats on the upcoming arrival of the big day!!! I HEART yoga- thank so much for suggesting it. I'm adding it now!

December 3, 2009 at 12:03 PM
yummy411 said...

yay! counting steps. i've kept a pedometer on my waist lately. i couldn't not relate to your unbelievable mileage (great job girl!) so it's cool you are doing steps too.

December 6, 2009 at 1:05 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Yummy411: Thank you! Haha! I've been working so much lately, that I've slacked on the "workouts" so the pedometer helps and motivates me to at least take the steps instead of the elevator- for example...:)

So GOOD for you!!!!!!!

December 8, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Johnica said...

I'm in! Here's to 2010!

December 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Johnica: Yay!!! Let's do it!

January 3, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Anonymous said...

2010 is almoSst over! How did you all do?

December 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: It was tough, but I think it went pretty well! We're all doing it again for 2011. Join us!

January 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Post a Comment