Mischo Beauty Covers Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week: Deborah Lippmann & Lela Rose Spring 2010



I was given the most amazing opportunity to meet THE Deborah Lippmann, celebrity manicurist to the stars, backstage at the Lela Rose runway show and I'm still pinching myself! Deborah was the creative director for nails for the show and used "Fashion" from her Lippmann Collection on the models' fingers and toes. She told me that "Fashion" (pictured above left) is a "modern take on the sheer pink nail" and she felt that it complemented the collection perfectly.

Deborah used "Ridge Filler" (pictured above center) as the base coat to prevent streaking and "Addicted To Speed" for the top coat. She mentioned two tips that I had to share with you all:

- The "squoval" (square-oval) nail shape is out! Let it go, ladies! Request that your manicurist work with your natural nail shape.

- French pedicures are OUT for spring! Please retire them! Opt for soft, neutral colors for your pedicure. (Now that's the BEST nail news I've heard yet!)

Because I was in "beauty heaven" backstage and in awe of being able to speak with Deborah, I didn't snap pictures of the models' nails (so mad at myself as I type this!). But, you may view the entire Lela Rose Collection here.

- Do you have questions about nail shape? The answers are here!
- Have you seen Lippmann Collection's "Fade to Black"? Be sure to check out my photos.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment