Mischo Beauty Remembers Michael Jackson (1958 – 2009)



I'm saddened as I write this, almost speechless. We've lost an icon, a legend. Michael Jackson's music brings to mind so many happy memories from my childhood- my Dad taking me to a tiny little record store in Fort Wayne, Indiana to purchase the Thriller album; watching Michael do the "moonwalk" on Motown 25 with my Girl Scout troop and rewinding it over, and over, and over again; my Mom waking me up to watch the premiere of the Thriller video on a show called Friday Night Videos (I begged her to do it!); and the memories go on and on...

I find happiness in knowing that his music will live on forever and ever, and I pray that his soul has found peace.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried. I grew up with Michael Jackson. The man was a genius! RIP MJ! You will be missed!

June 26, 2009 at 1:49 AM
Shana Janelle said...

I am still sitting here numb and in disbelief. Some people you think of as immortal in a way, even though you know that's impossible. *sigh* R.I.P. Mr. Jackson!

June 26, 2009 at 5:44 AM
Sherry said...

I know...it's still unbelievable, and it doesn't even seem like it's been a week already. It seems that time stood still since that day. I'll never forget MJ. He gave us all great memories.

June 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To: "livelovethinkgolden", Shana & Sherry:

I agree with what each of you have shared. Thank you all so much for stopping by... RIP MJ.

July 1, 2009 at 11:36 AM
Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting this up. I too am so saddened by this as I was one of those little girls that "knew" I was going to marry Michael Jackson. The "Off The Wall" and Jackson 5 vinyl records sit on my floor as I type this because I've just always listened to him. I know that Janet said to us he was an icon, but he is their family, which I don't disagree with. But to many of us, he was more than an icon. When you saw him sing and dance, a part of you stirred inside in awe of someone totally in love with the moment and opportunity to do what they were made to do. He was amazing...

July 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": Thank you for sharing that! :)

July 2, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Post a Comment