Mischo Beauty School: At-Home Pedicure Tips 101




There's no denying that pedicure season is finally here! Here are a few at-home pedicure tips that will hopefully save you time and money this summer. Here's a list of supplies I'd suggest:

1. cotton balls
2. nail clippers/files
3. towels
4. cuticle oil
5. top coat
6. base coat
7. nail polish
8. lotion
9. exfoliant
10. pumice

The supplies of course will vary based on your personal preferences. I won't go into sanitation and disinfection, because I'm assuming that since you're in your own home those issues won't exist!

Be careful with your cuticles. They're there for protection against bacteria, etc. If you just can't tolerate them, I'd very gently push them back- but never cut them!

Another tip- make sure your nails are free from excess oils and creams before you apply your nail polish. This will ensure a better application and that your polish actually lasts!

Usually 3 strokes are all you need- one stroke in the middle and one on each side. If you apply the polish too thick, it will probably smudge or peel once it's dry.

My last tip is just to be patient when you're doing your nails. Practice makes perfect!

 

2 comments:

Amee said...

Oh Thank you for the GREAT Tips Beauty Guru :) I was wondering if I should get those pampered toes when I saw them at Bed Bath & Beyond..I will now go pick some up along with some Essie nail polish I saw on sale at ULTA start practicing my pedi skills!

July 7, 2009 at 10:52 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Amee: Good for you! Please let me know your thoughts. :)

July 7, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Post a Comment