Mischo Beauty Loves Miss Jessie's



I've had love and admiration for Titi and Miko (founders/owners of Miss Jessie's) for years now. You see they've been a inspiration to me (they're doing exactly what I'm working to achieve!) and were the subject of my very first post on this blog. At any rate, they opened the doors of Miss Jessie's Salon in 1997 to respond to the demand for expertise in curly, kinky and wavy hair.



The Miss Jessie's product line (named after their grandmother) was inspired by their grandmother's spirit for finding solutions. And most recently they've launched the Creme De La Curl shampoo (sulfate free) and the Creme De La Creme conditioner. I found the Creme De La Curl shampoo to be gentle and very moisturizing. There's no lathering and definitely no suds involved, so no worries about dry/stripped hair. I'll admit that it's taken some getting used to, but I love it!



The Creme De La Creme conditioner is just as gentle as the shampoo and it is recommended for a range of hair types/issues - natural, dry, color and chemically treated. I highly suggest using it as a follow-up to the Creme De La Curl shampoo.



My type 4B hair is currently chemical-free, but I don't use the curly products because I usually wear my hair straight. But, I've told you all before how much my mother loves the Curly Buttercreme and Curly Pudding. My favorite product is the Rapid Recovery Treatment. It's an intense deep conditioning treatment that works wonders on the hair. And, a product that can detangle my hair in its natural state is definitely a MUST-HAVE for me! Seriously!

 

10 comments:

the beautynista said...

does the shampoo give you that squeakly clean feeling when you're done? I've noticed that a lot of the sulfate-free shampoos do that...and I hate that feeling.

May 22, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Shara said...

They have great products. Mischo, you have a great eye for staging. I love the "Brown Sugar" backdrop.

May 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "beauty am eye": I didn't experience the "squeakly clean feeling", but that's not to say that my hair wasn't clean... it's hard to describe... and I'm really just starting to use "sulfate-free" shampoos, so I'll definitely need to follow-up with you! :)

May 23, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shara: Yes, they do! Thanks so much, Shara. :)

May 23, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Product Junkie Diva said...

just ordered this and a few other things...thanks Mischo!

May 24, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Amber Nofetari said...

i'm going to try it ! :)

June 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Product Junkie Diva": Oh goodie! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. :)

June 5, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Amber: Please stop back by and let me know how the products work for you! :)

June 5, 2009 at 1:43 AM
theminniemaven.com said...

I consider myself to have 4b hair and I know their 'curly' products really dont moisturize my hair enough. I've never tried it since...cause ya know, their products arent cheap.

June 5, 2009 at 8:26 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Lyssa: Have you tried the products reviewed above? I think you might like them...:)

June 10, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Post a Comment