Mischo Beauty Loves GEORGIA Beauty Boutique & Salon



I hope you all had lovely weekends. I know I did - especially since learning about a flagship boutique and salon called Georgia. It's described as "the ultimate boudoir for the modern woman" and I think I've fallen in love with it!



The stylish boutique and salon is owned by Jodie Patterson whose background includes fashion and entertainment, and sister-in-law/finance expert Kiara Ellozy. Their love of beauty and obsession with healthy hair and skin naturally led them to open Georgia. The intimate space, designed by Serge Becker and Christian Wassman, includes aged foundation walls, sleek brass-rimed shelving, marble counters, antique wooden doors, floor-to-ceiling linen drapery and 10 foot windows.



I'm loving the boutique's "inspiration wall" which includes photos of the owners, as well as photos of family, friends, artwork and beauty icons we all know and love.



I about died when I saw the black tiled heart-shaped shampoo area! So unique- and the perfect signature touch- I love it! The private salon is tucked away in one corner and staffs six stylists, trained to care for all hair types. Specialties include cuts, color, extensions, weaves, braids and dreads. And those of you with textured hair (wavy, curly, kinky, etc.) should know that the salon has become the go-to for your specific hair type!



The boutique offers 40 select brands of products from all over the world, including drugstore brands as well as your high-end brands. They also carry styling tools, hair accessories from France and hair extensions. I was so happy to learn that they carry a few of my personal favorites such as Davines, Phyto, Jane Carter Solution, Mixed Chicks and Hair Rules.



In addition to the jewelry, lingerie and skin and body products carried by the boutique, they also carry their own signature line called G & Company. It includes a body cream (top seller), body wash, hair brushes, silk pillowcases (you all know how I feel about silk pillowcases! If you don't have one you need to get one ASAP!) and candles.

So now you all know why I've fallen so hard! This is a dream come true for a beauty lover!!! I'd love to know your thoughts. Do share!

You may visit Georgia at:

89A East Houston Street
(between Elizabeth and Bowery)
New York, NY 10012
T: 646.827.2428
W: www.georgiany.com

Photo Sources: Georgia, DanielKrieger.com & Racked.com

 

16 comments:

Media Moll said...

why must you torture me! i am trying to be good...this looks so dope. i have to stop in next weekend

cool post

May 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM
hipshazel said...

omg! this place sounds amazing! oh how i wish i lived in NY! Love Love Loving your blog!

May 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Roberta said...

I wish I was in NYC now!! I need to find an equivalent her in DC.

May 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "hypnotic": LOL! So sorry, but I know you'll love it. Please let me know your thoughts once you've made your visit. :)

May 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "hipshazel": Thank you! :) Well, hopefully they'll be expanding soon...but in the meantime you can purchase items on their website...

May 12, 2009 at 1:18 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Roberta: Me too! Be sure to visit their website and hopefully we'll see a GEORGIA in every major metropolitan city in the near future!! :)

May 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM
Dana18 said...

I will have to check it out.

May 12, 2009 at 9:55 AM
andrea said...

cool post

May 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM
R3 Method Show said...

The ambiance rocks!

May 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM
Unknown said...

I will have to check it out.

May 13, 2009 at 6:55 AM
Glamamom said...

I wish I still lived in NYC! It will def be on my list of places to go on my next visit.

May 14, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dana18": Yes- and please let me know your thoughts! :)

May 20, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Thanks!

May 20, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Joy: I can't wait to visit! Have you been? :)

May 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Raine: Yes, please do! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

May 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Glamamom": Good! And you'll have to stop back by and tell us about your experience. :)

May 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Post a Comment