Mischo Beauty School: Nail Shape 101



I'll be the first to admit that while I loved the chocolate, burgundy and deep berry nail colors for the fall/winter, I can't wait to start wearing the bright, neon and pastel colors for the spring/summer. With that said, let's discuss how to choose a nail shape before your manicure appointment.

Here are a few things to consider:

1. The shape of your hands
2. The length of your fingers
3. The shape of your cuticles
4. The type of work you do

I was always taught that the shape of your nail should mirror the shape of your cuticles. This will ensure the most natural look, which in turn compliments your hands. Here are the most requested shapes:

1. Square Nail
2. Round Nail
3. Oval Nail
4. Squoval Nail
5. Pointed Nail

Keep in mind that an unusual shape will definitely draw attention to your nails and hands. And, if you work with your hands, you should definitely choose a shape that will allow for a shorter nail length in order to avoid breakage.

Questions? What's your nail shape and why? Love your nails.

 

2 comments:

Amber Nofetari said...

My cuticles are round, but for some odd reason I used to wear square acrylics (short of course). Right now I am really feeling the round nails they are such a retro classic! Come to find out that's the shape I should have done in the first place LOL.

April 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Amber: Well, I've been there with you! Back in college I wore airbrushed square shaped acrylics, but I can't anymore since I work with my hands so much. Now I keep them short and round and follow the shape of my cuticles.

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

April 17, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Post a Comment