Mischo Beauty Review: The Natural Dentist



In an effort to continue working to "green" my beauty routine, I welcomed the opportunity to try products by The Natural Dentist. This line of products contains no alcohol or harmful chemicals like the foaming agent, SLS, a common ingredient found in toothpastes, shampoos and detergents. Dental hygienist training schools should start advocating the use of these natural dental products!



Instead, ingredients like grapefruit seed extract, menthol and xylitol cleanse the mouth, while peppermint and sage oils help prevent gingivitis and reduce/prevent plaque. I've been using the Peppermint Sage toothpaste, which contains no artificial dyes, sweeteners or preservatives. The texture totally reminded me of my favorite brand of toothpaste, Tom's of Maine, and so I had no issues with the texture, taste or lack of sweetener.



I also tried the Peppermint Twist mouth rinse which is a daily rinse to protect and soothe gums. You should know that the toothpastes are the only brand on the market without packaging and the toothpaste caps and rinse bottles are 100% recyclable.

 

2 comments:

Leann said...

I'm obsessed with my teeth, but never thought about using natural products til I read this. Thanks!

April 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Leann: You're very welcome! Give them a try! :)

April 23, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Post a Comment