Mischo Beauty School: Mini-Facials 101 & Mario Badescu



So those of you who follow me on Twitter know that I sent out a few "tweets" yesterday about the mini-facial I was giving myself. Mini-facials, like facials, are my "essential beauty product" - they're vital to maintaining my skin's health in between facial appointments.



I've decided to share my mini-facial routine with you because everyone can benefit from it- whether you receive monthly facials or not. My best advice is to invest in great products for your skin type/issues, and make mini-facials a part of your skincare routine. My skin type is normal/combination, with an oily t-zone and I used the following Mario Badescu products:



Cleanser: Enzyme Cleansing Gel ( all skin types)
Toner: Cucumber Cleansing Lotion (combination & oily skin types)
Exfoliant: (my own)
Mask: Enzyme Revitalizing Mask (combination, dry & sensitive skin types)
Eye Cream: Hyaluronic Eye Cream (all skin types)
Night Cream: Seaweed Night Cream (combination, oily & sensitive skin types)
Moisturizer: Collagen Moisturizer SPF 15 (combination & sensitive skin types)



So the steps are simply: Cleanse (Enzyme Cleansing Gel), Tone (Cucumber Cleansing Lotion), Steam Treatment, Exfoliate, Tone, Mask (Enzyme Revitalizing Mask), Tone & Moisturize (Hyaluronic Eye Cream, Seaweed Night Cream or Collagen Moisturizer SPF 15)!

So there you have it! Very easy- and anyone can do this! Please leave your questions in the comments section below and I'll get right back to you. Love your skin.

 

13 comments:

Jesiah said...

Great Advice!

March 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Jesiah said...

Your blog is fab! Come check it out!
http://dirtcheapbeauty.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-blog-is-fabulous-im-blushing-he-he.html

March 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Jesiah: Thank you- so glad you've found the information to be helpful. And- THANK YOU so much for the nomination! :)

March 17, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Anonymous said...

oh wow... just what i need! my skin is in desperate need of a mini facial ;)

March 19, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love love love the enzyme cleansing gel? Many moons ago you posted about the free sample packs they give away if you go online and fill out a detailed questionairre. Well that was the beginning of my love for the enzyme cleansing gel. Fabu!

March 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Oh good, so glad I could help! :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "curly gurl": Yay! So glad you followed through and ordered the samples!! Please spread the word! :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:43 PM
TeeliciousB said...

Hope this isn't a silly question, but what type of brush is in the picture? Do you use it to apply the product to your face?

July 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To TeeliciousB: Not a silly question at all! I use the Clarisonic brush with my cleansers and exfoliants and I use the mask brush to apply my mask. :)

July 15, 2009 at 5:49 AM
Marsadie said...

Lovely post! Your skincare routine sounds amazing. Just wondering - how do you conduct your steam treatment?

October 13, 2009 at 8:02 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Marsadie: Thank you! I haven't purchased a mini-steamer for home use yet, so I normally boil water and pour it into a large bowl. I direct the steam by holding a towel over my head and the bowl. If you decide to try this method, please do so with caution!

November 19, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Ugochi @ Beauty 365 said...

oooh, this reminds me! i need to get back on my Home Spa Initiative!

July 24, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Ugochi @ Beauty 365: Good for you! :)

July 25, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Post a Comment