Mischo Beauty Review: Shobha Sugaring Kit



I was finally able to test out the Shobha Sugaring Kit last night and I'm pretty pleased with my results. For those who may not know, sugaring is another form of epilation (hair removal) and is supposed to be less painful than waxing, because the "sugaring gel" is only supposed to adhere to the hair and not the skin.


The Shobha Sugaring Kit comes with the following: Shobha Sugaring Gel, Shobha Talc-Free Powder, Shobha Denim Strips, Shobha Sugaring Instruction Booklet and Shobha Spatulas. The "sugaring gel" is free of parabens, dyes, fragrances, petrols, resins and waxes- and is water soluble, which makes for an easy clean-up! Also, because the sugaring gel is water soluble, both the denim strips and spatulas are reusable.



So my first step in testing out the kit, was to read the instruction booklet. Let me repeat: "read the instruction booklet"! Though I'm a licensed esthetician, I always read product instructions in order to ensure the best possible outcome. After reading the instructions, I realized how straight forward it was going to be to use the kit. I heated the sugaring gel in the microwave and used the small spatula to remove hair from smaller areas (face & underarms) and the larger spatula on larger areas (legs & bikini). Oh, and I did use the Talc-Free Powder to prep my skin (very important!) before hair removal.



The hair removal process was pain-free - well, except for my underarms. I think I'm just super sensitive there in general, plus the hair grows in so many different directions that I had to work in smaller sections- and holding the skin taut while preparing to remove the denim strip was a challenge. Oh, and I did cut the denim strips into smaller strips for better control of this area.



The kit is a great investment, easy to use, with easy to follow instructions. Perfect for all the recessionistas out there- you'll only use thin layers of the sugaring gel with each use and the denim strips and spatulas are reusable, so this kit should last for many, many months!

Has anyone else tried this kit? Has anyone been to a Shobha salon for treatments?

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow... that does sound like a good investment... and i love the fact that it uses denim... who doesn't love jeans ;)

March 19, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: It is! Such a cute kit, it works and will last you FOREVER! Just about everything in it is reusable. :)

March 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM
stephanie said...

is it like waxing in terms of how long until the hair grows back? a couple weeks or so?

June 5, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Stephanie: Yes- and all the same rules apply. :)

June 10, 2009 at 1:25 AM
Anonymous said...

i agree with andrea, it does sound like a good investment. i've heard of a couple of cases where women have become sick after brizilian waxing. would this be the smarter choice?

June 29, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": I think the issue with women becoming ill after waxing has more so to do with the sanitation & disinfection practices of the esthetician performing the service, in my opinion...

July 1, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Coniqua said...

I like the packaging, and do find it interesting that they use denim. Thanks for introducing a new product

November 30, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Coniqua: You're welcome!

November 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Post a Comment