Mischo Beauty Review: Lash Stiletto by Maybelline



Maybelline's newest mascara, Lash Stiletto, is supposed to "grasp and coat each lash from every angle" and "stretch lashes for provocative length". Well I'm happy to report that it did just that! But, after testing the mascara out, I immediately knew something was missing.



First, you must know that I loved the packaging. The tube is very sleek, and if you've seen the ad compaign, then you know it was designed after the heel of the stilletto boot worn by the model in the ad.



But, back to what's missing. The mascara definitely lengthened and separated my lashes, but they lacked fullness, thickness- let's just call it- volume. One of my beauty icons, Diana Ross from the 60's/70's, had the lash look I strive to achieve daily. And don't get me wrong, I know she's wearing false lashes- but I still think it's fun to test and experiment, in order to determine which products will help you achieve your desired look.



With that said, I discovered the perfect combination. Along with Lash Stiletto, I used Maybelline's Colossal Volum' Express mascara and, well, issue resolved!

Would you be willing to give Lash Stiletto a try?

 

8 comments:

antithesis said...

i tried to win lash stilletto but i will probably end up buying it when i run out of one of the mascaras im using now. i have three tubes open right now including colossal

March 20, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Anonymous said...

I have lash stiletto. It's just okay. I found better results with Colossal Volum. Great review as always. BTW, I have that issue of Suede mag. I have all the issues & was devastated when they stopped publication.

March 20, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Anonymous said...

I'd loooove to try it!

March 22, 2009 at 1:33 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "antithesis": I have one for you- please email me your address! :)

March 22, 2009 at 1:57 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: I have one for you- please email me your address! :)

March 22, 2009 at 1:57 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Kim: I agree- I loved Colossal! And yes, I'm missing Suede too...:(

March 22, 2009 at 1:58 AM
andrea said...

well i've tried lash stiletto... and although it does a great job with gripping each and every eyelash and defining them a good amount of length... i found something to be missing... the volume :( I've GOTTA have volume AND length when it comes to a mascara... so i found myself no longer using it after only a week... it's not a "go to" mascara for me... however i think it would definitel be a good fit for those who ONLY are interested in a mascara for length ;)

April 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Thanks so much for sharing, girly! :)

April 6, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Post a Comment