Mischo Beauty Extra: Shades by Barielle's Sugar Rush Summer 2009 Nail Polish Collection



So I'm loving Shades by Barielle's Sugar Rush Summer 2009 nail polish collection! The collection includes six colors: Grape Escape, Cotton Candy, Sand-Al Chic, Lemondrops, Swizzle Stix and Decadence. They're free of formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP (dibutyl phthalate) and let me tell you- each shade speaks for itself!



The "finish" of each shade is as follows: Creme (Grape Escape, Swizzle Stix & Lemondrops), Sheer (Sand-Al Chic), Shimmer (Cotton Candy) and Metallic (Decadence).



I thought "Lemondrops" was the perfect shade of yellow, so I decided to swatch it for this post. It's a creme and it's highly pigmented. There was a little streaking, and after three coats I achieved the perfect finish.



My absolute favorites from the collection are, of course Lemondrops, as well as Swizzle Stix and Decadence.



Lemondrops dried very quickly, with high shine, and of course- I used a base and top coat with it. After 5 days, so far no chipping!



If you visit Barielle.com and click on a nail shade, you'll find an example of what the shade will look like on a light, medium and dark skin tone.



And for all the recessionistas out there- buy any 2 shades and you'll get one free!



This last photo is just me having fun with my camera. I loved looking at Lemondrops against my hot pink iPhone case....

Please let me know your thoughts! Love the shades?

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

these shades look great!

March 21, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Anonymous said...

Swizzle Stix is really pretty. It reminds me of Essie's North Folk line.

March 22, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": Perfect for spring. :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Lauren: I agree! :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM
Anonymous said...

That IS the perfect yellow ;) and i really love the blue shades too... .can't wait to try them ;)

March 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Anonymous said...

I am about to go and find that yellow. Today. Hot!

March 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: You definitely need to check them out. :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "curly gurl": LOL! Alright then, please let me know your thoughts. :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Gel-Nails said...

Interesting content.

Just wanted to share some information that may help busy professionals caught up with work and who have less time to maintain their nails. You can try out gel nails which are now becoming a hot favorite as they are natural looking even without nail tips and the best way for nail enhancement. Also, if you are allergic to those strong smelling chemicals which you can experience with acrylic nails, then you should use gel nails as these are odorless.

However, when you are planning on gel nail application, make sure you approach a nail salon or a nail artist who is well versed with gel nails and is properly trained and mastered in gel applications. This will save you from problems that can arise with improper gel nail applications.

March 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM
Anonymous said...

Gel Nails? What is that doing here?

March 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Gel-Nails": Thanks. :)

March 26, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": I have no idea.... *smh*...LOL. :)

March 26, 2009 at 10:31 PM
Ugochi said...

awww, i miss Suede mag!!!

April 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Beauty 365": And so do I! :(

April 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Post a Comment